K2 BIG EASY "ACE" CRUISER

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Picked this one up last week off of the CL.

Not sure who makes and sells K2 bikes, but the quality is pretty decent and it had a Nexus 3 speed with freewheel and feet forward geometry.

da25.jpg

I ended up swapping out a few parts (tires, grips, pedals and seat) and gave it a thorough detailing.

80zr.jpg

o7a6.jpg

p8a0.jpg

lnu0.jpg

It rides real nice and is comfortable. All aluminum so it's really lightweight. Pretty much like a brand new bike.

Would be a good candidate for an E-bike conversion.

Beauty. K2's earlier cruiser frames looked a bit awkward, exaggerated vertically. Yours has great proportions,

I've been talking with Dan at Ichi Bike and I may be shipping this one to him for the E-bike conversion treatment.

Dan's been playing with these kits a lot lately and he's come up with some cool bikes.

Rat Rod said:
I've been talking with Dan at Ichi Bike and I may be shipping this one to him for the E-bike conversion treatment.

Dan's been playing with these kits a lot lately and he's come up with some cool bikes.

Interesting ..., any pic,s of said "cool bikes " :?: , Inquiring Minds want to know :mrgreen:

Rafael

K2 is the actual manufacturer.
They used to be mtn. bikes only. I've got a great '99 full-suspension model (bought new) that won the "Mtn. Biking Equipment of the Year Award" for their "Smart" front fork suspension. Bike rides like a Cadillac in the dirt... 8)

I saw the bike at Sports Authority a few years ago. I brought my wife there to buy it for her (she declined and later regreted) It had that laid back geometry and a light aluminum frame.

Gee you blokes are lucky we get nothing like that in Australia,i want one :("Mtn. Biking Equipment of the Year Award" for their "Smart" front fork suspension.Any more info or images,i have checked but not sure,are they a Proflex fork?K2 nice bikes. :D

K2 was a company that originally made skis back in the seventies on Vashon Island in Washington state , they are now owned by some large corp. that still uses the name to make all kinds of sporting goods

Latest posts

Back