Kawasho mountain bike. The Gentlemen's Kruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
From: Kawasho mountain bike. Made for Kawasaki in Taiwan. I could not find any info on line. I guess they marketed these thru motorcycle shops and department stores. Equipped with pretty low end components. crank and bars are silver painted not plated.
index.php

Kinda weird bull moose/cruiser bars. Will test ride to be sure but feels like a nice size frame.
index.php

index.php

MattiThundrrr called it. "Nitto made a couple of models of bullmoose cruiser bars, but I haven't seen one with as much rise as yours. I'd assume yours are knockoffs if all the other stuff is cheapo."
index.php

Have to try thumbies like that.
I liked the wheels better than what came on my Fuji (and had nice Kenda K-west 65psi tires) so I swapped them.
IMG_2723.JPG
IMG_1590.JPG
IMG_1591.JPG

Then Tried flipping the Kawasho for $50 but no takers. So I have a pre flip Raligh I want to pull the wheels from so this is getting stripped and the wheels are going on that bike.

Really nice thick cushy grips.
IMG_1594.JPG

Pretty nice thumbies.
IMG_1592.JPG

Interesting brake levers.
IMG_1593.JPG

But the Bars came off easy, and they are awesome! IDK if they are chromed almost looks golden under the paint. Is this a sign of cro-mo?
Welding is nice i think.
IMG_1565.JPG
IMG_1567.JPG
IMG_1571.JPG
IMG_1572.JPG
IMG_1574.JPG
IMG_1586.JPG
IMG_1587.JPG

Maybe I will build that lugged frame and fork someday.

I used thumb levers in the position you're contemplating on my USAF bike and I really like them (they're technically downtube shift levers, but the function is the same). I did that so that they'd evoke the look of cockpit control levers or something, but they also function well.

I like the flipped the thumbies, look interesting. I have an oddball bar/thumbie build in the works, might have to try them out that way. I also like the cruisin moose bars knock off or no. They look like a good position

index.php

Well the Kawasho went to Unofficial March Shootout 3 and became,
"
The Gentlemen's Kruiser."
Refinements continue. Seat post refused stay put. Turned out seat tube was egg shaped 26mm x 25mm. and used a 25mm seat post!
IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0011.JPG

Using the special gap opener tool the lug was restored to original and a 26mm seat post fitted.
IMG_0018.JPG
IMG_0019.JPG
IMG_0020.JPG

Latest posts

Back