Keep on trucking

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So this is my 84 murry so far
71dc8062f53388fe5fa363c0e88762ab.jpg
96e0043db461581528bad93b734cde33.jpg
c9b2a791e8a3775b5d013cd7156fa1e7.jpg
3bc5a53956f26a6b1980a824aa9ab315.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

So here is my idea with this one lol im thinking to put a 24 inch rim in front and a 26 inch in back but i just go with the flow what comes to mind lol

ca7a6ea520ac1e0a28900f51f1cd1b0b.jpg

Got the paint ... going with flake .... color of the flake is freekin fuscha and the top color is sublime green and its a candy color ... the brand of the can is lil daddy's roth rattle bomb .... wish me luck first time using this stuff

I've used it a couple of times now. It seems to like lighter coats with about an hour drying time between them.
Ya im going to try that but i think i need 1 more can for the flake how many do you use

I did a gold/bronze base fade job, one full can of All-in-one Daffodil Killer gold, two coats (half can) of Finkster Green pearl and two full cans of 2K clear (3 heavy coats).
Thats a real good job .... ya i was going to get a all in one can but the dude at mooneys said its better to do steps .... but now i see your job i didnt need to do it in steps

Thats a real good job .... ya i was going to get a all in one can but the dude at mooneys said its better to do steps .... but now i see your job i didnt need to do it in steps

I think it all depends on the result that you were looking for.

ca7a6ea520ac1e0a28900f51f1cd1b0b.jpg

Got the paint ... going with flake .... color of the flake is freekin fuscha and the top color is sublime green and its a candy color ... the brand of the can is lil daddy's roth rattle bomb .... wish me luck first time using this stuff

Looking forward to seeing how this comes out!
Also interested to know how much it will cost all up once it is done, I know buying the set up for compressor spraying and a dry flake gun can be expensive, but once you have it, painting with flake is actually surprisingly cheap.

I wanna see how the Roth cans co e out, ive seen guys use it to flake car roofs.

If you wanna try shooting with a gun, Intercoat clear carries the flake nice, need a big tip for bass boat flake.

So if you wanna experiment, a harbor freight gun with a drilled out tip, and over thinned clear will get the flake on. Stay way back and just blow the flake on fast and thin coats - the clear is thinned way out so don't get a run, just mist it on as a flake carrier. Let it tack off each coat, then start burying it in regular clear.

Here's a budget clear, I've shot this companies paint before on budget car repaints. https://www.paintforcars.com/mm5/me...&Product_Code=clearcoat_aecc&Store_Code=PFC#0

Last edited:
I wanna see how the Roth cans co e out, ive seen guys use it to flake car roofs.

If you wanna try shooting with a gun, Intercoat clear carries the flake nice, need a big tip for bass boat flake.

So if you wanna experiment, a harbor freight gun with a drilled out tip, and over thinned clear will get the flake on. Stay way back and just blow the flake on fast and thin coats - the clear is thinned way out so don't get a run, just mist it on as a flake carrier. Let it tack off each coat, then start burying it in regular clear.

Here's a budget clear, I've shot this companies paint before on budget car repaints. https://www.paintforcars.com/mm5/me...&Product_Code=clearcoat_aecc&Store_Code=PFC#0
Thank you very much for the link and tips .... ya the can worked but i really didn't like how the can came out , i thought it wasted more paint than it put on ,so ya im going to try it with a gun , i like the challenge of it im having fun ... ill send some pics what it looked with the can ...thanks again

Sorry im out out of funds for this build .... good luck to everyone

Latest posts

Back