Kent (ask me anything)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I am Kent from Bikeflights!
I see everything from Orders, packages in transit and Claims for damage.

I also have an interest in stretching old schwinn cruiser frames in 'rat rod' bikes.

I am here if you have any questions or need clarification on anything from bikeflights from Ordering to Shipping.

Ask me Anything!

Hi,

I am Kent from Bikeflights!
I see everything from Orders, packages in transit and Claims for damage.

I also have an interest in stretching old schwinn cruiser frames in 'rat rod' bikes.

I am here if you have any questions or need clarification on anything from bikeflights from Ordering to Shipping.

Ask me Anything!
Hi Kent, glad to have gotten to deal with you, nice to hear your into rats also... It'll be nice to have a contact to help us all understand how to better protect our shipments... You guys have a good number of customers here.
Look forward to continuing to use your services.
Thanks.

Make fed ex play nice ;)

Last edited:
If possible could you try explain what our best bets to insure an easy claims process as we deal primarily with vintage or custom bikes, experiance with ups and FedEx direct can be awful as far as comparables if your lucky get that far.

I'd like to have an idea as a shipper what I can do to help assure heaven forbid worst case senerrio....
It can get nerve wracking when you have 5 bikes in route at a time....
Last thing I want to do is be denied a claim that I assumed was going to be covered.
Thanks again.

If possible could you try explain what our best bets to insure an easy claims process as we deal primarily with vintage or custom bikes, experiance with ups and FedEx direct can be awful as far as comparables if your lucky get that far.

I'd like to have an idea as a shipper what I can do to help assure heaven forbid worst case senerrio....
It can get nerve wracking when you have 5 bikes in route at a time....
Last thing I want to do is be denied a claim that I assumed was going to be covered.
Thanks again.

That is a super good question! Damage to a bike sucks, especially an irreplaceable one. Normal shipping conditions are your bike can be upside down, on it's side, or stacked; that is pretty normal. The best way to prevent damage is to package it using great packaging materials!

Claims are super easy at Bikeflights. First, always add "Declared Value" on our website to your package. We do NOT use our service providers Claim system, and all of your claims are in front of people who know and understand bikes. Your claim will be denied if you chose "0" as the value of your shipment. We ship everything from huffys, to carbon race bikes, so we do not have a standard value we put on packages.

Here is a pretty basic overview. Submit evidence that your bike was packaged correctly, such as pictures of the materials used to package and how it was packaged. Take pictures of the damage, and submit either a receipt for repair or replacement. The more evidence and good pictures you submit showing your bike was packaged using actual packaging material, the easier we can get it approved. The sooner we receive the information, the sooner we can get you approved!

With vintage bikes, I know a lot of parts are irreplaceable, and the most common damage I see are to Fenders, and other random parts on the bikes that are a little fragile or easily bendable. Always take fenders off. Your package is in a trailer with several other packages. Normal shipping conditions are they will stack it, and lay it on it's side.

My advice is always add in extra padding. If damage occurs, take pictures of how it was packaged and packaging material showing it was decently packaged. Send those in, and work with us on how to make it right.

Here are 2 links that will help you.
https://www.bikeflights.com/pack
https://www.bikeflights.com/shippingpolicy

Thanks for the response Kent... It's a fun group welcome aboard... Now can surf rats and tell the boss it's serious business! But shipping is a big deal and issue for alot of us, I appreciate the reply.

Real simple why the gorilla approach to how we handle large boxes? Especially when the box is clearly labeled with the appropriate stickers Knowing that there MIGHT be a very valuable bike inside? Are not the gorillas trained properly?

Worked unloading trucks a local Walmart a for couple of years. To save money they pretty much jam pack the trucks with everything from dog food to BBQ sauce. Two things they ALWAYS shipped vertically were big screen tvs and bikes. Shocked that bikeflights would not do that too. No wonder there is damage. :(

Real simple why the gorilla approach to how we handle large boxes? Especially when the box is clearly labeled with the appropriate stickers Knowing that there MIGHT be a very valuable bike inside? Are not the gorillas trained properly?
I have to say the service and understanding I got right after fed ex got me upset was surprising. I took the approach that they are acting as our agent when dealing w fed ex...
I was advised actually to not bother with fed ex and contact bike flights direct.
They do have some beneficial features, damaged goods usually get routed back to sender...
Have you any idea what would have happened to those bikes in those boxes going back across country... Omg...
On fed ex record damage was done at the last location...

I think we should look to see how we can best prepair and also look to try and work with bike flights so we have a partner when trying ship, and deal with fed ex.

I guarantee FedEx has more interest in their buissness than us individually

Also the driver who dropped.. driving the FedEx truck and shirt....
Yeah he dose not work for fedex he's a contractor.
I'm actually positive was on the driver due to his attitude on delivery who likely damaged it.

He could care less.
Knowing he has to keep returning he will care alot more.
I'm not in a nice area, and I look the part..

Also the driver who dropped.. driving the FedEx truck and shirt....
Yeah he dose not work for fedex he's a contractor.
I'm actually positive was on the driver due to his attitude on delivery who likely damaged it.

He could care less.
Knowing he has to keep returning he will care alot more.
I'm not in a nice area, and I look the part..
:bandit:

No they are not, I'm personally having to train my local driver and his little package buddy he rides with.
Wanna bet who is more alpha....
Grrrrr

Welcome aboard Kent!
I am sure you will be an asset to the site, and hopefully some of the builds on here will inspire you to get building too! ;)

Luke.

Welcome Aboard!

Is it possible to ship a frame and forks from Florida to Hawaii, for a reasonable price?

DSCI0173.JPG

Attachments

• 00m0m_7gLZTh9ZGA4_1200x900.jpg
    00m0m_7gLZTh9ZGA4_1200x900.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 267

Latest posts

Back