Kick Bike (scooter)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bigger the wheels the less chance of crashing. If you think he might want to customize it, bigger wheels make way cooler customs.

Pic3440.jpg
i got it!!!!!!!!!!dont stare to long girls you might loose your tops! carbon bars king headset/zip wheels ! lets go !!Bundyitis Bikes/scooters/cruisers and collectables

I don't have the funds for it, but using a Coker 36" wheel would make a great kickbike.

So I emailed them with that suggestion. They actually replied: "Thank you for contacting us at Coker Cycle. At this time we do not have plans of introducing a new cycle to our lineup but thank you for letting us know what the customers want. We do take these into consideration when moving forward with a new line. Thank you again and have a great day."

m9m8wn.png

I was given this one a few months back, it's actually a newer scooter, 2005, $150, the company makes a lot of off-road scooters. This one brought back lots of memories as I had a scooter that I won in a contest at Walmart in around 1988, it was an Oreo stacking contest and I stacked 30 in the given time and won a Chips Ahoy scooter. It was blue frame with a white deck covered with a Chips Ahoy cookie sticker. It had white wheel disks on it with cookies on them as well. Front and rear brakes. I was going into the 7th grade and over the next years I rode the wheels off of that thing. I remember the day it was completely spent and I put it on the trash pile dad was taking to the dump.

This one is pretty cool, but at fast speeds you can feel that the wheels are out of true, but it has good brakes and an aluminum skid plate. The deck it a little high for efficient pumping for me, so for kids it's gotta be worse. After seeing this thread I wanna build a big wheel one.

scooter.jpg

iyanas said:
I saw a kick scooter advertised for age 1-2+, isn't that a little too young? My husband says no, but I'm not so sure.

If they can walk, you can put them on a kick scooter or balance bike, mostly on a scooter they will just learned to walk with one leg while the other leg rides until they lift that leg. The only thing I would be cautious about is teaching a 1-2 year old about brakes/stopping.

I think at would be ok to teach your kids to ride a kick scooter, but these scooters with small wheels are dangers, a small rock can throw you off balance. I would find an old curb cruiser 10" or 12" tired scooter for a small child. Just my two cents

Latest posts

Back