kickstand mag issue august/september???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
has anybody gotten the newest issue of kickstand yet? ive been dying to get the latest one. the last one i got was the one with the girl on the cover with the blue cruiser with flowers on it. just seeing if anybody had gotten any different issues since then. maybe im just impatient..... :roll: :lol:

Easy E

i emailed them last week because greg keeps calling me wanting to know if it is in lol. they said they were a week behind because of a new baby in the family. that was about a week ago and they said we should be getting it any day. i am excited too wondering if they are going to feature our ride. and i personally cant wait for the october issue :mrgreen:

It is printed! I picked up a few today. There wasn't any of the folks from the mag there, but the magazines were all over. I'm sure you will be getting yours soon. It's 42 pages long and even has an article of RatRodBikes very own HotRodJen!!(starting on page 16) Yay!!
After a quick perusal, the mag is quite nice.

jeff

man nothing about the sacto ride? that sucks i have not posted the pics from that ride waiting to see what pics they wanted to use i did not want to step on their toes. that sucks oh well we will see if they want to actually print pics of the winning build off bike

there is a pic from Sacto with a young lady holding a first issue Kickstand, but nothing else. They just single photos of the different locations with rides. They use a lot of big photos with their articles and sometimes it's a little hard to distinguish between article and advert. All in all though, it's still a nice issues.

jeff

that sucks sounds like a flash in the pan thing to me. they said we were going to be the featured ride in the next issue guess not. i had a lot of really excitted riders that thought they were going to be featured or atleast their words be printed. too bad guess its all down to us huh sensor? lol

oh yea and sensor u never told me mark had a 36? and u know what i am talking about :mrgreen:

no i never did tell you..i figured you already knew
as for the mag......i never really expected to see anything of mine in it....most people dont understand what i do unless they know old bikes or really take some time to look at them :wink:

i was excited as well cuz one of the guys from the magazine came down and did a ride with the Spokesmen on July 4th and said that we would be featured in the magazine. guess ill just have to wait.....

Easy E

I got mine in the mail today , and guess what , I am in it. Page 12 Orange Shirt Black hat , standing behind my cycletruck . How cool is that.

Just finished thumbing through the latest issue. I think it's neat that there is a print magazine that covers "cruiser" bikes but I think so far Kickstand is falling short of having much compelling content. I don't even mind all the advertisements, most of them have neat pictures. I just wish it had more features on custom and restored bikes and how to articles for restoration/customization. Think early years of Hot Rod mag, but for bikes. Don't get me wrong, I like the book, I just think it could use more vintage iron and maybe a little less about the people. However the mag is young and they could very well pick it up in the next few issues.

I'm sure they would take submissions about cruiser tech, can't hurt to ask, right?

Did anybody notice the writeup they did on bikes in New Orleans after Katrina? I was touched... I lived in New Orleans during Katrina. It brought back a lot of memories. It was moving, even though the years I lived in N.O. I wasn't into bikes like was before, and am again now.

And who is that cruiser crew from N.O. on page 12?? Anybody here know who those guys are? I need to hook up with them! I'm still only an hour away.

FunkyStickman said:
And who is that cruiser crew from N.O. on page 12?? Anybody here know who those guys are? I need to hook up with them! I'm still only an hour away.

Nobody knows who these guys are?? I've been searching, can't find them!

i got my issue in the mail today and to be honest was a little upset.... the only picture that the Spokesmen have in there, im not in it! i was standing to the right of the kid on the far left of the picture. man this stinks! i was sooo pumped to be in a magazine, and of all the pictures the guy took, im not even in the one he chose! that makes me sad in the pants.... :cry: oh well... glad to get my newest issue i guess......

Easy E

Latest posts

Back