Killafornia

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is a 1955 Schwinn Spitfire Straightbar frame i am using for the buildoff. i will be building some new wheels and recovering the seat. i also am trying to find some truss rods for the fork. i havent figured out what color to paint it yet but i am going to try some gold leaf!
PICT1468.jpg

PICT1471.jpg

PICT1476.jpg

New meaning to bullet end caps!
PICT1475.jpg

progress is slow... ill keep u posted.

Holy cow....it looks done to me!

Well, I might do something to the chainguard, but I love the original patina and graphics.

a thought :)

Looking great AS IS.......

I would just primer the chain guard and then if you have another one, invert it and mount it under the chain ring to encase the drive line.

Doug

RawBert said:
thats a cool idea, i wonder how to mount it???

Bolt a clamp around the chain stay for the back of the chain guard and take a piece of strapping and epoxy it to the inside of both chain guards at the front.

I hope this helps.

Doug

I was trying to figure out the purpose, then I realize you are just trying to add some detail to the neglected side of the bike.

Great Idea

cman said:
I was trying to figure out the purpose, then I realize you are just trying to add some detail to the neglected side of the bike.

Great Idea

Well that and I'd image the increased leverage would be useful... Let us know how it works!

i made it for both reasons. looks cool and should be functional. pretty easy to make too. trying to make one for a tawain brand would be harder though because of the complex hole design. anyway thanks for the positive feedback and i'll keep ya updated... later

I've been workin on the wheels. took old wheels apart, painted the spokes and rims. Bendix coaster for the rear. Rustoleum appliance epoxy spray paint works goood!!! looks like powdercoat!
PICT1480.jpg

PICT1478.jpg

PICT1500.jpg

PICT1526.jpg

PICT1527.jpg

yes...... i do know i am missing a spoke, i had a casulity while lacing. nothing major, just need to paint a replacement :wink:

Latest posts

Back