KINDA RANDOM

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
This is kinda random...

I'm in the process of overhauling my 76 Yamaha Moto Bike and I went through the rear Shimano coaster brake hub. Everything was in good shape and I regreased it all and put it back together. I'm just about done with the bike and I noticed an odd sized set of bearings sitting in my Yamaha parts bowl...DOH! I'm thinking...man, was that supposed to go in the rear hub and I forgot to put it in there? Oddly enough the rear wheel spins and stops great so I'm still not sure if it does really go in there. Looks like I'll be pulling it a part again to check.

In the mean time, I thought I'd do a search to see if I could find a Shimano coaster brake hub diagram. I checked here first, but had no luck. I did a Google image search and saw a diagram so I clicked on it. Not only was it a Shimano diagram, but it was the exact Shimano hub from the 70s that this Yamaha has on it!

I click the image and it takes me to this Sears site...

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdi ... 3307/00002

Could Sears really still be providing parts for these bikes....ha ha! :lol:

Quite interesting. I clicked on the bike image underneath. It's a girl's 20" jr. spyder banana seat bike. Almost all of the parts are no longer available, but very interesting that they have replacement parts at all. Could you imagine if they still manufactured frames and other main parts for old Sears bikes? :lol:

I experienced the same thing today!!! I was tearing apart an old Bendix hub and notice there was 3 sets of bearings -- two on the right and one on the left... made me wonder. :lol:

Just got in from the garage....sure enough, I had left that set bearings out of the hub. :roll:

Thanks to the random Sears Shimano hub diagram for helping me button it up. :wink:

Latest posts

Back