RRBBO13 King Ray

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOO WHOO! I decided to actually ride the bike before dismantling it for paint. Here's a pic I took yesterday, it's complete except for the chain. I bought a new chain today and put it on! It looks just like I envisioned it, and it rides like a dream! Now on to the prep work for paint and see about getting some decals made! YEAH!

20180607_183802.jpg

This won't surprise anybody on here, but I REALLY like this bike as she sits with that faded red frame and guard! It has a cool rat vibe.
Looks like a solid rider. You will have fun on this bike!

Looking sweet
What paint plans do you have for it?

Seriously though, I have the second coat of red primer on. After a few days ( maybe by this weekend) I shoot the base silver.

Okay, I have the color on the bike. I afraid that if I try to sand it down smooth right now that I will end up with light places because this red is a transparent paint. My solution is to apply a couple of clear coats then sand it smooth then apply the decals before the final clear. Here's a picture, but the zun
20180702_195044.jpg

Here's a picture, but the zun was going down and you can't really see it true color. Better pics coming soon!

Than
The red is looking nice!
Question, what brand of primer is that? It looks a little ‘browner’ than I’ve used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks! The primer is Rustolem red primer. I will try to remember to snap a pic of the can when I get home tonight. It's ready to wet sand so hopefully my decals will come in today or tomorrow so I can finish her up.

Excellent job on the paint and decals!
Looking sweet!

Latest posts

Back