Klunker 2.0 - RRBO Revisited (Are you really ever done?)

Dec 13, 2011
So-Cal
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Midnight Mockup - these bars are wide, but the BEST part is... NO more shims! The double clamp stem I'm running is from a mid '80's Huffy and these are for 1" bars. The hand guard clamps on these old bars are a perfect fit to swap out the bar clamps, just going to get some new hardware today! Ohh, and I got a bar pad to-boot!

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2011
So-Cal
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Don't Hate the Klunker!

Changes as of last night...

• Custom solid stainless steel seat post by Reverend Paul
  • Brooks B-17 leather saddle
  • Hardcore billet seat guts - OMG!
  • OG Rad Pad over the custom Huffy stem!
  • 1979 Husqvarna 390 Motorcycle bars - near perfect feel and patina
  • Odi Vans edition gum lock on grips with white checkered clamps
  • Midschool Knucklebone number plate - Think i pushed it too far with this ;)

cman

Dec 4, 2006
Boise,ID
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The Billet seatpost guts....was that threadless stem? or something you fabbed? It is awesome.

Dec 13, 2011
So-Cal
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Five years ago I had a Klunker with a Post War Columbia skip tooth frame. It was the same looking frame as yours except mine had a curved down tube. The rest of your frame looks the same as mine except I had no ears on the chain stays for a center stand as by then they had kick stands. Awesome bike. I raced it in cross-country events. I had similar bars, similar wheels and similar fork. No paint, all bare metal or silver colored, thus I dubbed it the Silver Maggot. The grips were old red heater hose held on with duct tape and hemp twine. The main difference was I was using a Bendix Manual 2 speed coaster hub and a Gigant front drum brake. The Bendix manual 2 speed is a horrible unit for Klunking and I finally blew it out two years ago. I am now making the bike into a town cruiser. It was a great riding Klunker bike and a joy to ride. Very forgiving handling and I passed many people with suspension on rough downhill sections. Slide outs were easily corrected. I even beat a lot of people with it who had high dollar mountain bikes. A lot of people beat me too. Love your bike and it obviously brings back fond memories. Your going to love it.
11870941_10200612549794203_3172190341383331123_n.jpg

Last edited: