Klunkerz

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm...I've got a few cruiser frames, a tubular cruiser fork, and some faded blue anodized 26" Araya hoops, with an equally faded blue Sugino chain ring, a DiaCompe caliper brake that came off a buddy's Schwinn cruiser in the 80's, and I found my old GT Pro bars at Mom's house recently......You guys really have me thinking now!!!

My RBBO2 bike trans-moto-klunkerized
IMG_0784.jpg

I'm really liking the looks of these klunkerz. I can see needing at least 3 or 4 different bikes now. A few months back, before I new about this site, I threw out a perfectly good DiamondBack mountain bike that I'd had since new(about '91). I wanted a cruiser so I ditched it. Now, I see that I could have used some goodies off the DB to build a klunker. :|

well been doing a little bit of work on my klunker. decided to use my murrey frame. just about got it all together so will post pic of it when it's done. hopefully this weekend. yippie.

Outlaw 8)

I got one, posted in my intro thread, but it has fenders because this is Portland. It has brick tread tires, but what a really want is the button tread tires like the Carlisle Whitewalls but blackwall. If anyone knows what I am talking about and where to get them I'd be eternally grateful.

Like this:

patina_07.jpg

Try Amazon. I found a whole bunch of interesting tires there. my search was: "26 x 2.125". worked like a charm. I almost bought what you are looking for but with red walls. there's a bunch of different stuff there.

ok, this is my klunker "DIRT DIGGER" I posted it in bike gallery too. thanks

Outlaw 8)

JWSMOCKUPBIKES226.jpg

here's mine that i just finished the other day. i still need to lose the reflectors on the wheels though. it started as a J&B Importers "Florida Marlins" special edition cruiser. it was a horrid shade of blue! i got it for free from a customer. the tires are Bontrager Big Earl 26 x 2.5. i couldn't believe they actually fit on there! i'll definitely have to keep the wheels trued though!
klunkerpics002.jpg

Re: Alan Bonds and cool-... Klunkin'-style

[quote="
I think the movie is called Repack. I can't wait, I think it's pretty close to being available.[/quote]

It's called KLUNKERZ and you can get it. If fact, please do. If you can avoid ripping and burning, I'd
sure as heck appreciate it. :lol:
Ride on,
Billy
http://www.klunkerz.com
Besides Alan's site, you guys are the .... for they stylie-style.

DSCN1421.jpg

Tease of my Alan Bond's-built '35 Schwinn. The bike is laying on 'Camera Corner' on the infamous Repack racecourse. They only had to 'repack' their brakes for the races in the Fall of '76. By 1977, if you weren't running discs and drums, thanks largely to Alan Bonds, you were outta luck (unless you were Joe Breeze, who kicked ... on a '41 inch pinch coaster break until he hit it with Breezer #1 in Oct. of '77). More to follow... :wink:

Re: Alan Bonds and cool-butt Klunkin'-style

klunkerbill said:
[quote="
I think the movie is called Repack. I can't wait, I think it's pretty close to being available.

It's called KLUNKERZ and you can get it. If fact, please do. If you can avoid ripping and burning, I'd
sure as h*** appreciate it. :lol:
Ride on,
Billy
http://www.klunkerz.com
Besides Alan's site, you guys are the poop for they stylie-style.[/quote]

hey Bill, i work at a bike shop in Indianapolis. we're a Fisher dealer, so i was able to order the movie through work. can't wait to see it!!!!! we've decided we're all gonna build them and go down to Brown County where they have some good sized hills and fire roads and do our own old school style klunker races. wanna come out and bring your bike? :lol:

Hey There,
Sure sounds like fun. I wish I could make it. I'm not traveling, or riding, that much these days. Wife, kids, debt, etc. is requiring some serious attention right now. If you're a Fisher dealer you should see if Gary is down. It's a good way for him to promote his product and have a heck of a time. You never know. :p

klunkerbill said:
Hey There,
Sure sounds like fun. I wish I could make it. I'm not traveling, or riding, that much these days. Wife, kids, debt, etc. is requiring some serious attention right now. If you're a Fisher dealer you should see if Gary is down. It's a good way for him to promote his product and have a h*** of a time. You never know. :p

already working on it!

hey ratina, yeah get your behind in gear, lets go. lol

Outlaw :p

Billy-

Just finished watching the DVD, all of it, including all of the bonus features...

LOVED IT.

Both as a bike enthusiast, but also as a film-maker. I have seen many documentaries in my day, and have even tried my hand at a couple of short portrait style docs, and I have to say I was thoroughly engaged and entertained. You did an excellent job of piecing together the history with the interviews and archival footage and photos. But beyond that, you did an amazing job of letting the audience get to know the people behind the story. The interviews were intimate and personal, and felt like I was almost having a conversation with the guys who made mountain bikes world famous.

Mucho kudos, keep up the good work!

Now to get to work on my own Klunker... :D

i guess i'll post a shot before this thread sinks to the bottom of the page! part of the drivetrain will be donor parts for the kbo, then it gets a remodel of it's own- truss fork, inch pitch, morrow hub.....

DSC00846.jpg

DSC00852.jpg

Latest posts

Back