Kombi-Klunker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, I'm calling it done. Finished up the cabling and levers, and handed out halloween candy at the same time. Here's some of our local spooksters.

spooks.jpg

Front brakes are real strong, and the rear, well at least it's there! While toeing in the pads to take care of some squeal, I got this mid freq. vibration that shot straight up the seat, OUCH! Felt a lot like being electrocuted.
I couldn't find the grips I wanted, so I took the one's off my Phantom, then it got treated to some white Hunt-Wilde grips which look MUCH better, so it's win-win.

Found some vinyl with some foam back for the seat.

clunk011001.jpg

This was a very low budget build, I've got less than $15 in this bike and that price includes brazing supplies! I gonna' go to the Quarry for pictures sometime this weekend so stay tuned. :)

clunk011005.jpg

Made it to the quarry today, but wish I could have got there half an hour earlier. Started to lose the light. Still got some decent shots anyhow.

clunk012003.jpg

clunk012007.jpg

clunk012008a.jpg

clunk012009.jpg

My son brought the biggest POC ever this time around, so he decided to "ghost" it a fews times, even off a cliff!

clunk012013crp.jpg

that has to be one of the best frame modification...
and excelent job with the brazing...
love it...

ponytailmike
mike

Well, we're in the eleventh hour and it's time to say thanks for all the positive comments here.
I wish I could have done some better paint work but at least it'll be a good base to spray a better color on next year.
There's been some really good entries built for little more than bragging rights. Cudos to all who finished and to those who didn't, keep it going. At least you'll have something that few people have ridden, the precidetor of the perpetual, crappy, Chinese Wally-World mountain bike!

Thanks Again!

clunk012004.jpg

Nice ride, always a fan of primer red,
but don't hate on the mountain bikes, sometimes they make good donor bikes.
I was at my lbs the other day and a couple came in to get a bike. The store owner was less than helpful, it always frustrates me to see the little guy lose a sale because of his own inept sales skills.
Then I went to Target to get a few things and saw the same couple walking out with a $89 "schwinn" mountain bike. Those bikes are made specifically for sheeple. You'll see it in a garage sale 5 years from now, only ridden about 3 times.
It's usually the dork husband who doesn't want to drop any coin on a nice cruiser or townie, and they wind up at target or wal-mart.

Latest posts

Back