KRAZY HORSE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK i made the last of the changes to the bike and now its ready for paint , i changed out the crank arms with 3 chain rings so i have a choice of what gear to run on instead of just one , the seat post is going to work out just the way it is so i am going with it , just not sure what seat to put on it at this time but that can come anytime later , had to add 6 " to the handle bars so they came back far enough so that i sit up straight , really happy with the way this came out and it sure did get alot of looks as i rode it down the street , so now on to paint , going with flat black and red for the paint and maybe some red pin stripping , i can see the finish line and i think i will make the dead line this time , cant tell you how mad i was with myself on the last build off for not making the dead line
2015 bo bike with new crank001.jpg
2015 bo bike with new crank003.jpg
2015 bo bike with new crank002.jpg

No I am just going to change it by hand for now , to put the derailleur I would have to add a post and I didn't like the way it would stick up in the air , I don't think I will change gears often but if I get some where with lots of hills I can just move it to the little gear or the big gear if its all flat

I know I'm kind of a au naturel guy, but I really like the raw frame with the black and red of the tire / wheel combo! Has a real "prototypical" look to it....and believe it, this bike has to be a first one of it's kind!:D

Well i cant say its done but i am close , still have to tie up some cables and a little touch up paint but its almost there , once thats done then i can find a good spot to take the final picture for the voting , if i have learned anything about these build offs is that you really need a good spot for the voting picture
2015 bo bike done003.jpg
2015 bo bike done005.jpg
2015 bo bike done001.jpg
2015 bo bike done002.jpg

I agree about the nice contrast between the silver the red and the black. In some of those pics the black looks almost purple. I think it's the way the dusk light is hitting the black. But actually when I first thought it was purple and red I really liked that too.

Latest posts

Back