Kustom Ladies Ride

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is my contribution to this years build off!
I got this old rusty ride from a friend at work, he knows I'm in to bikes and I thought it had a clean old style look and it was in a perfect ratty condition. Ofcourse it was rusty, but exept the seat, chain, tires and pedals, it was all in good condition. The bike is probably from around the 1930s and has been standing outside for the past 15 years, unused.

So last weekend I started to take it all apart and begun cutting and shaping.

2014-02-07%2022.03.47.jpg-for-web-large.jpg

2014-02-07%2022.28.20.jpg-for-web-large.jpg

As you might see I have made cuts in both the front and back fork to be able to bend them like you can see. All this to get a smoother look and to get the bike closer to the ground. Even the seat position got bent back a bit.

IMG_2499x.jpg-for-web-large.jpg

So this is the first test mounting, the new frameshape turned out really nice and I started to grind all the old paint off.

Nice work!

Lovely curves on that frame, like lady curves ;-) Your fork treatment is on my to do list for Indecision. One observation though, how are you regarding pedal strike, the BB looks mighty close to the ground?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After some side projects I've finally got my thumb out of a... and started on the Ladies Ride again. Hopefully I'll get it done in time. Lately I've been doing some rust grinding on the bike and the plan is to keep it "all clean steel" with some pinstriping on top. I've heard meny ways of preserving bar steel, but I think I'll just clear coate it.

This is what I've done.

SAM_0673.JPG-for-web-large.jpg

SAM_0703.JPG-for-web-large.jpg

SAM_0706.JPG-for-web-large.jpg

SAM_0708.JPG-for-web-large.jpg

I love seeing builds that you completely forgot about start to pop up at the end. Glad your still at it with this curvy shiny lady!

Latest posts

Back