Kustom Sled named - FADED

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Picked up this bike on Craig list last month everything is frozen except the rims. It was being used as a yard sculpture (keep in it weird) type of thing. Its a Sears Spyder 24. The build inspiration comes from Gene Winfields faded paint jobs like The Purple Haze 53 Buick..added a picture below. This is one of my favorite faded color paint jobs. I'm spray canning it! ....lets see how it turns out 8) :wink: The rest of the bike parts are still rusty....and just pulled out this week from a 3 week vinager bath. Pictures on that later. :mrgreen:

Applying the process, silver base coat, flakes, fades, clear coat and sanded awaiting final top coat.

Applied top coat and several coats of clear

A few days after final coats applied and 1000 grit sanding. Next up is the fenders for the same treatment.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
EXAMPLE:

7_02-vi.jpg

I thought you already had a BO8 bike going on?
Sweet paint

kingfish254 said:
I thought you already had a BO8 bike going on?
Sweet paint

This one is all me..... The other build off belongs to my son I have photos to post of him doing the work. He's only 9 yrs old and why he is under my log in profile. He painted that one with my guidence and will be assembling it. We werent counting on having to extreme repair the seat tube at the start of the contest, but thats ebay for you. I didn't want to be left out so I entered this one for myself since its the first faded paint job I do with off the shelf spray can paint and now with torch in hand -custom slammed forks!

Lil update mocking up some parts and lowered the forks. Also cleaned up the fenders as best as I could. Remember this bike was a flower garden scare crow. :)

Latest posts

Back