Lady Snake

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This will be a new bike for my girlfriend who does a lot of cycling for her job.
I want to turn this:
stabilo_zpsskf6zbiu.jpeg

into something like this:
ladysnake_zpsxogbv29m.png

(sort off).
The bike will have 26 inch wheel instead of 28, and a slightly longer fork for a more laid back geometry.
The original decals will be covered with snake(skin)decals.
I gathered all the parts, so here i go..

This will be a new bike for my girlfriend who does a lot of cycling for her job.
I want to turn this:
stabilo_zpsskf6zbiu.jpeg

into something like this:
ladysnake_zpsxogbv29m.png

(sort off).
The bike will have 26 inch wheel instead of 28, and a slightly longer fork for a more laid back geometry.
The original decals will be covered with snake(skin)decals.
I gathered all the parts, so here i go..
Is that an internally geared rear hub? And your front hub looks like it has a drum brake, or is that a generator type of hub? Either way, it will be interesting to see how the 26 ers look on the bike. Neat frame to start with! And...the 19 day countdown begins!

Thanks a lot everyone for the support.
Put the thing together minus rack, fenders and chainguard and covered the decals with a snakeskinpattern:
IMG_2026_zpsdyn4xcaw.jpg

I made the snakeskin pattern in photoshop, printed it out on A4 stickerpaper in greytone, cut it on size, applied it on the frame,
and covered it with clear stickerfoil.
Since i do not have the facilities for a spray-paintjob (yes, this is my livingroom), this was a simple cheap and relatively easy way to get rid of the ugly decals.
The tricky part is getting it on straight and decent, once it is on it is difficult to get off, and i did screw up a little under the downtube, but it is hardly visible, luckily.
Detail:
90d00b3b-6fcb-4b50-a421-b7f46583d634_zps5mrkvcxy.jpg

Thats fly. Great pics. Love the plain, but textured background. Thr bike came out great. Makes me think of toc stuff and European commuter market. Love anything not-diamond frame.

Finished for now.
New wheelset, grips and cable,
the other wheelset was too crooked and inferior to straighten out,
i messed up cutting the grips for the switcher, and cut the cable too short.
With these issues fixed i present thee without further ado:
IMG_2042_zpszuyzq9fe.jpg

IMG_2048_zps1tiv2vlw.jpg

IMG_2041_zps9zyfoqof.jpg

IMG_2045_zps7kkt01io.jpg

Lady Snake.
Thanx for the comments and support everyone.

Latest posts

Back