L'Angelo di Ferro

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
  • Ok so first off a confession, This is my second build off entry under my Bikewhorder name but I competed in BOTEN under an alias (Waldo Jeffers) for reasons that aren't important now. I did pretty good, finished third overall even though my bike was a bit rough around the edges. This year I'm taking the concept of that bike and refining it to bring it to the next level. My last build I wanted to make something that looked like it could have come from the early days of balloon tire bicycle design, This year my design is free of any arbitrary restrictions on the final form. I've been working on the design of this bike for over a year now. I think I've drawn and redrawn it to the point that I've exhausted all the design possibilities. I'm super excited about what I've come up with and I hope the next 12 weeks will be fruitful and productive. Last year I was busy building myself a welding shop and I purchased a Tig welder and I've been learning to use it. This bike will be entirely from scratch. One thing I leaned last in my last build is that trying to salvage old bike frame parts is not an effective strategy. I'm also going to build a proper jig to hold the parts together rather than just hoping it doesn't warp and move as I weld it (it always does!) Here's a pic of my full size drawing. I'm covering the fork because that's the pièce de résistance of the bike and I'm not ready to reveal it just yet. I hope I can pull this off before the deadline!

Waldo Jeffers...love the Alias!
Huge fan of the Elfman but I hadn't gone through the whole build thread until now (recommended reading for those who've not...)
Fully expect this build to hit the sratosphere!
Now it's time to get busy...
The battle for second place is on ;)

Waldo Jeffers...love the Alias!
Huge fan of the Elfman but I hadn't gone through the whole build thread until now (recommended reading for those who've not...)
Fully expect this build to hit the sratosphere!
Now it's time to get busy...
The battle for second place is on ;)
Ha Ha

I can't figure out how to make that last pic disappear. Is there a better way to post pics on here other than photobucket? Its SO aggravating to use.

Last edited:
I can't figure out how to make that last pic disappear. Is there a better way to post pics on here than photobucket? Its SO aggravating to use.
If you're using a computer, you can upload straight to the site. If using a phone, Tapatalk is the best way.

Made some build progress today. I spent pretty much all day Saturday cleaning out my new work shop space that I broke ground on right after BOTEN wrapped up. Over the course of the past winter it turned into a bit of a catch all and you had to kick a path through it. It cleaned up nicely though and I'm pretty excited to have a dedicated work space. Today I made some parts and tacked the down tube to the head tube. It will become more obvious where this is going as it progresses.

Last edited:
Nice metal work. How are you making (what appears to be) the lugs. Will you be brazing, or using TIG?

Shop looks good. Quite the transformation from the former work space!
Now we get to watch some fancy frame fabrication....:nerd:

Latest posts

Back