LAST DITCH EFFORT, (ALMOST DONE! NEW PHOTOS!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Nothing Decided Yet. (Now with more procarstination!)

Well off to Lousiana in the morning, got my father-in-laws bike tuned up and ready to ride. I have to say I am rather impressed with the porportions of the frame, it fits me nice. I'm about 5'11" (on a good day) and with the seat post slammed, I rode it with no problem what so ever! Rode great too!

Here is the custom laid back post made by Forum Member Slowriderz, If you haven't bought one yet from him, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU DO! He is fast and his prices are extremely reasonable! not to mention these things are solid! I felt like I was lifting weights when I was installing it!

Here are some finished shots.. I just got it done around 10pm, so sorry for the low light shots. I will have to take a few when we deliver the bike!
For a cheap wal+mart bike, it turned out rather nice, all it took was MONEY! LOL!

I like the look of this bike! cool low light pics to :lol:

Troy

Anything new with the Spaceliner?

Re: LAST DITCH EFFORT! (WAS "Nothing Decided Yet")

Sooooo.... Where did July go? What the heck! This month flew by. I've been procrastinating, and with a baby I've had precious little free time. I was feeling a bit down, worried that I would not have an entry for the build off again this year, but my wife said, take the weekend to finish it! I'll watch the baby and you can work on your bike! I love her! :D

So the bike wont be pretty, it won't be exactly what I wanted, but it will be rough and ratty! I'm thinking "SPACE RAT" for the name!

So I slapped some parts together, and this is where I'm at so far!

Man it to forever to ream out that fork mounting hole for the new front wheel. the axle is slightly bigger than the old one, so I took my time to make sure I fit it properly, but it was a time suck. It's almost 2 am, not sure if i'm making any sense at this point. Hey look a unicorn!

So this is where we are now:
I found an old tank that kinda works? I dunno, kinda sleep deprived at this point.
and some sweet NOS bmx pedals! I'm kinda diggin' the red accents!
The seat is from an old Murray frame I found at a garage sale not to long ago.

I have his large awesome light... I hope I have enough time to fab up a bracket or run to the hardware store this weekend and find something that will work with it. I think this just "makes" the bike!

Okay, enough for tonight. Off to bed!

Looks MINT with that light! :shock:

Keep up the good work :mrgreen:

Can't go wrong with a Spaceliner!
GTB!!!!

Thanks guys! I will be back at it tonight, I want to clean up the frame a bit, and get the handlebars lined up. not sure if I want to do a board tracker style or cruiser... I may post some options! WEEKEND WARRIOR!!!! WOOT!

Back at it!
Late night 2.o!!!

Started with my headlight bracket. found this little do-dad at home depot. set me back a whopping $.59! Ouch.

My front fork already has a nice mounting spot! Sweet!

And looks like it fits nicely!

Found these sweet old grips marked NTD, not sure what they are off, but I'm diggin em'

Most of the parts are hung, time to start bolting everything down!

Coming together!

well it's almost 2:20am at this point.... I'm happy with the progress so far. It ain't pretty, and it's not what I had originally intended, but honestly I really like it so far. I have a few more things to do to it, and some tweaking to do. But I got it down off the rack and rode it about 20ft in my basement. Everything feels nice, and nothing broke, so that's a plus! Depending on my time tomorrow, I may take it on a test run.

For now, this is how she sits!

off to bed to dream about ideas for the build, or narwhals. which ever.

sweeeeeet!! :wink:

LOOKS GREAT !!

:mrgreen:

Looks good. Not bad for the quick build.

I like the backaswards tank!
Liners rock!

Latest posts

Back