Late 50s? JC Higgins

yoothgeye

I build stuff.
Jul 1, 2010
Roanoke Rapids, NC
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Spending the week in Lancaster County PA and I get here last night and check Facebook marketplace and right up top was this Higgins for $45. I jumped on it. Went to get it today, would've made a lower offer but knew there were others trying to beat me to it. It has a 1961 bicycle license plate on it and Komet wheelset. It's a rider. I'm thrilled. I have a 1956 Higgins (strike bike) that some of you know about, so I'm glad to add this to my collection. My daughter said it looks patriotic. I haven't looked at numbers for a year yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yoothgeye

I build stuff.
Jul 1, 2010
Roanoke Rapids, NC
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
The lady said her husband had been riding it a couple weeks ago and she apologized that the air was a little low in the rear tire. She said "It's in pretty good shape for an older bike."

eparsons

They say I gotta go to rehab and I say NO NO NO
Aug 23, 2011
Arlington, TX
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Sweet score. It must be the month for Higgins. I picked up a speed flite a couple of weeks ago.

yoothgeye

I build stuff.
Jul 1, 2010
Roanoke Rapids, NC
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Back from vacation and messed with the bike a little. I had an old pair of apes I took off of a tandem, they were covered in silver spray paint so I wore wheeled them clean and the patina was perfect for this bike. I had a front fender that's nearly a perfect match. Put on some new red glitter grips, aired up the tires and took it for a ride.