Late entry, and I can't think of a good name!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know I'm getting a really late start, but it looks like fun so why not?
I'm starting out with a 20" huffy and an old lowrider fork, and I'm trying really hard to make it NOT look like a lowrider.
Some of you have come up with some really great names for your bikes...and I'm drawing a total blank for mine. Help!

rat1.jpg

rat2.jpg

rat3.jpg

I'll take any and all suggestions, no matter how crude or tasteless! :mrgreen:
Thanks- Pete

It's a cool bike. Due to the late entry and/or the lowish nature of the bike here are a few ideas for a name....

Hair Trigger
Scratch
Last Minute
Better late than never
Stressed
Hitman
Below the belt
Non descript
Beyond words
Enigma

Yeah don't worry about a name.
Just start fixen that bike up. An have fun!

When you least expect it a name will come.

I didn't think of a name for mine until I found one of the accessorie Items.
Then Lil' Pixie had a name.

I finally had an epiphany or whatever you call it and a name hit me upside the head- "Rat Trap". But I really like "Last Minute" too...I'll just have to keep saying them over and over again and see which one sticks.
I was up in Daytona all weekend racing so I didn't get to work on it until today, but I got a little bit done.

Prepping for paint-
rat4.jpg

Made a "tank"-
rat6.jpg

Tank mock up-
rat5.jpg

Made a fork brace thingy to replace the spring thingy-
rat7.jpg

Still need to figure out cranks and wheels. Are 20" slicks still available anywhere? The bike shops around here have nothing.

bmxerpete said:
Are 20" slicks still available anywhere? The bike shops around here have nothing.

I've been looking a bit lately, but this was the closest I could find. What do you reckon?

maxxismiracle.gif

Maxxis 'Miracle' 20x1.85 or 20x2.10

Lurker-
I've been sweating those Maxxis Miracles for my park bike, but for this build I want to find one of the old Schwinn style slicks with the squared off edge. heck, I'd be happy if I could find a used one.

Dragstars do rock! :mrgreen:

got those too!

I have a bunch of cool slicks. all 20 x 2.125 squared edges. I have wide whites, skinny white and gripper tread with dual white lines. LMK, Joe
Also sent you an email re: the rims.
Joe

have ya tried findin a schwinn stingray repop slik ? plenty of those around but pricey for what they are, usually $40 new

how about novacaine? or nov-a-rat?

as for the slick we have the semi slicks that are squared off in stock they are 20 2.125 and will fit non schwinn rims. white wall and black wall

how about novacaine? or nov-a-rat?

Good eye! I think I'm still leaning towards Rat Trap, but keep those ideas coming.
Got a little more work done today- lots of degrungifying...

cranks.jpg

I tried my hand at "machine turning" for the first time, it was kinda cool. I finished my number plate- what do ya'll think?

plate1.jpg
plate2.jpg

plate3.jpg
plate4.jpg

It's getting there little by little. Maybe I can have it done by the weekend.

the "13" turned out sweet, nice touch

i like "novacaine", my suggestion would be "the crunch" tho given how much time is left heheh :lol:

Name suggestions:

Last Breath
Apollo 13
Ratollo 13
13" Rod :p
"the bike that souldn't look like a lowrider, but does, but still it shouldn't, that I couldn't come up with a better name than this for"

I have nothing to do here at work :p

Thanks for the replies, and I love the names ya'll are coming up with!
The tank is .060 gauge aluminum, and I did the machine turning with a piece of 400 grit sandpaper stuck to the end of a barrel sanding roll in a drill press. I just lightly touched the sandpaper to the aluminum at about 2200 rpm. You could do the same thing with a hand drill.

"the bike that souldn't look like a lowrider, but does, but still it shouldn't, that I couldn't come up with a better name than this for"
:mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back