"LEFT TURN"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the new rear end.

IMG_7134.JPG
I finally got to the point that I actually had to BUY something...boooooo
All of my drop outs simply would not work as I needed them to, so I got these from a friend of mine (Thanks Hobbs!) for the rescue.

When I was setting the ride height and the rear drop outs, I realized the wheels I wanted to use wouldn't work. The Nexus 3 speed was about a 1/2"
IMG_7204.JPG
IMG_7205.JPG
to wide for chain clearance. This is what you get when you don't build your frame to your wheels!! So I went with another set of single speed 26" wheels that fit and look decent

IMG_7207.JPG
IMG_7208.JPG
IMG_7209.JPG
IMG_7210.JPG
IMG_7211.JPG
Spent the majority of the day "cleaning up" welds, adding caps, and grinding.....but got it ready for paint! I intentionally left the frame under-prepared before paint to keep with my idea of the ascetic of a "rat" build. Not saying rats can't be nice, but they should have some...um.. style to them..not to nice and not to crappy
IMG_7207.JPG
IMG_7208.JPG
IMG_7209.JPG
;););););):21:

Last edited:
I'm digging those grab rails / bumper rails! Cool detail.
Anthony will set you right. Glad you could get the drops from him.
tick tock tick tock

After the paint I wanted to get the bike together and see if my guess for chain line clearance was going to work..with the OG pick for wheel set off the table I was getting really worried that I wouldn't have anything that fit@!

I had these gigantic apes sitting around. I think I am going to cut these things up. and make bars that will look decent (hopefully)
IMG_7232.JPG

Nice work on the ano paint!!! Fun stuff and cool build!

Its done!! I'm going to upload the last two days work of work then post on the finished thread. There are some really unique and awesome looking bikes. For my first RRB build, I gotta say this was pretty fun and may have to do another one next round.

rrb14.JPG
First thing I wanted to do was change the bars..those apes just weren't doing it for me, I have a decent stash of bars all shapes and sizes, but nothing was working for me. Until I switched stems that had the 1" bar mount. Smaller apes looked pretty good and I had a set of 14" chrome that may look pretty good. And the wheels....THE WHEELS!!! Had to see what my TS 29ers would look like. (not sure why this pic is uploaded sideways :/

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back