LETS SEE HAWTHORNE BICYCLES !!!!!!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My daily rider is my 1939 Hawthorne. It's hanging off the stand right now getting a Monark springer put on!
8a2a9768.jpg

roadmaster said:
wow, there are some really cool bikes in this thread! very cool indeed and good call.

here is my wife's mid 60's hawthorne i built for her in last years rrbo. i've since added chrome fenders to it.

IMG_0913.jpg

IMG_0781.jpg

before.

I just picked up one of those at a yard sale the other day, the fenders were pretty beat up but it had a surprisingly small amount of rust on it. I aired up the tires and rode it around the yard when I got home. Now I'm going to feel kinda bad stripping it for parts.

composite.jpg

Markm said:
How much air pressure ya runnin???? :lol: :lol: :lol:
50 P.S.I Thank You!! :lol: :lol:
P.s. I'm tellin' ya it was because of the pinched tube!! :wink: :mrgreen:

I've been trying to get my hands on a Hawthorne (or similar) frame for a while to do my next build, but all I'm seeing is people selling them for well over $500. Is this normal, are they really that valuable? Where are you guys getting your bikes?

hmmm. this old lady had 2 of them in her back yard as decoration and i saw them as i was buying a diff one from her. she said she didnt know if she should sell them cause there where horribly weathered. another one i got was from this random girl, she had bought a lot of them for 150 in a small town in texas. she just wanted one and gave me 4 bikes for free and i noticed one of them was hawthorne. it's just luck for me. i say this. i dont know what town ur in but i noticed in every town or city i have visited, there is always some random old dude that buy sells and fixes bikes and doesnt really care what kind they are. i know 2 guys like that and they have been hooking me up with some cool old huffy and raleigh 12 speeds. just keep a eye out for a house that has bike junk laying around. doesnt hurt to ask if they have more.

cave12man said:
I've been trying to get my hands on a Hawthorne (or similar) frame for a while to do my next build, but all I'm seeing is people selling them for well over $500. Is this normal, are they really that valuable? Where are you guys getting your bikes?
Check around the re-sale shops in your area, Goodwill, Salvation Army...Garage/yard sales too. I bought mine from a guy I met who was selling bikes on Craigslist. Oh yea, check on Craigslist too! :mrgreen: Good luck!

awesome thanks guys. i actually just picked up a stelber (dumbluck) from my brother in law (started a new thread in how to) and it has a frame style simlar to a hawthorne. hopefully it won't be too hard to fix up.

IMG_2318.jpg

This was my Hawthorne cruiser project.

Before:

2849442196_4f30a1f9f3_b.jpg

2848614441_c4e211cb76_b.jpg

...After. Started as parts, and ended that way.

1imsjq.jpg

I just recently bought my first vintage cruiser in the form of a Hawthorne. Ive already started to modify it into a Klunker and its in its early stages. Im so glad I found a Hawthorne, I love the twin top tubes.
024.jpg

cave12man said:

We are all getting them from John C, who is a member, here. -Not really, but I just picked up a Hawthorne and I got it from him. He has plenty more old bikes, so you might want to give him a shout.

I waited for quite a while just for a vintage cruiser to surface of any kind and then one morning I woke up and made a coffee turned on the computer and went to my favorite online for sale site and there was my Hawthorne freshly posted within minutes of me turning on my computer. I was super excited when I recieved the sellers phone call not more than 2 minutes after emailing him. I have no idea what the bike is worth but it cost me $110.00. A bargain I am sure.

bikeriderx said:
MisterBrunswick said:
I have no idea what the bike is worth but it cost me $110.00. A bargain I am sure.
Let's see a pic!! :mrgreen:
024.jpg
Its in its early stages of the build up right now. I want it to look what it might have been if a BMX cruiser would have existed in the 50's or 60's era. Once Im finished I will post pic's of every stage from beginning of build to finish. A winter project :D

Latest posts

Back