Let's see some pictures of Ross Frames

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is my restored 1983 Ross Pirahna BMX..

Updated picture of the Pirahna..
[URL=http://s91.photobucket.com/user/nuvibe/media/20141019_181751_zpsaxcgvqlq.jpg.html]
20140623_171527_zpsy6hhn0ts.jpg
[/URL]

Last edited:
Late 50s/Early 60s Ross Super Deluxe Craigslist find. I got it because I could not get over that fender ornament. I seen the photo of that one part in the ad and said "That IS going in my collection...". Overall shape of the bike is pretty good. Mostly original, or so it seems. Only things that don't fit some photos I seen floating around the net are the grips, seat, and pedals. But they flow so well with the bike as a whole, I'm leaving them be. :) Headlights didn't work when I got the bike. Found out later the ground was bad, so I had to rewire the whole system. Works great now. The original bulbs still work.

Its my first 26" tanker. I LOVE it. Its not done yet, but it isn't far either.

IMG_2549_zps2df9462c.jpg

IMG_2550_zpsbae4725e.jpg

IMG_2551_zps7ba8b1f5.jpg

IMG_2553_zps81889298.jpg

IMG_2554_zps1c693a35.jpg

Outlaw90 said:
Hey Ricky thats a pretty rad cruiser!!

After seeing the other S.D. up there with the same seat and grips as mine, makes me rethink the "original to the bike" status of those parts. Would be great if they were stock to the bike.

My first real bike 1984 or 1985 Ross Pirahna. It has been at my parents house outside for years. I brought it to my place and cleaned it up, had to replace the wheels. It will be my sons bike when he is old enough, he rides a 16" wheel now.

Kinda small for me now, lol.

1963 Ross

Before

After

Late 50s/Early 60s Ross Super Deluxe Craigslist find. I got it because I could not get over that fender ornament. I seen the photo of that one part in the ad and said "That IS going in my collection...". Overall shape of the bike is pretty good. Mostly original, or so it seems. Only things that don't fit some photos I seen floating around the net are the grips, seat, and pedals. But they flow so well with the bike as a whole, I'm leaving them be. :) Headlights didn't work when I got the bike. Found out later the ground was bad, so I had to rewire the whole system. Works great now. The original bulbs still work.

Its my first 26" tanker. I LOVE it. Its not done yet, but it isn't far either.
IMG_2551_zps7ba8b1f5.jpg

Those may be the original pedals. They are just like the ones on my old Ross, although mine were worn out.
I think your whole bike is original.
2llyn2o.jpg

Verrrrry little slow progress on the same Ross i posted before , made a custom seat and wheels set with the original front rim , (edit) now with a DIY sprigner fork made with the original fork ;) ...it will most likely end up metalic green just like the original paint , maybe i little darker
DSCN6033_zpstwy1aadf.jpg

DSCN6032_zpsnz1auauj.jpg

DSCN6027_zpsfmx1nads.jpg

Last edited:
1958 CBC [Chain Bicycle Co.] ThunderJet Star Flyte 5 star Deluxe Pre ROSS bicycle. [Gosh thats a mouth full...]

I got this one for a little more than I wanted to pay, but the delta ended up working after some tinkering and it was a pretty smooth ride. Sold it to a local a couple months back for a few dollars more than I payed. Was glad it went to someone who appreciated my slight alterations. [Functionless/Mock tank.]
11173335_10206660955232218_4525603084971762802_n_zpsbemdrvjm.jpg

Original from head to toe.

Flying Zombie

My first bike was a 66' Ross Barracuda. Last year I picked up this C2C Duster, exactly like an Apollo... Gonna build it in the upcoming MBBO#4

The only thing original here is the frame, but I have found a correct fork...

Carl.

5023b4da7ad938a52c3849b8bfa6f3c8.jpg
8684e3ed9664415d3ad508d9848eacac.jpg
e4d034ee3f4bbe58404bdc35a8ee795b.jpg

My 1971 Ross Central Park

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice! pretty much the same as mine in original mint condition :eek::thumbsup:

Cool picture , keeping your Handel bars protected lol . i would say we are about . the same age .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha yep, helmets schmelmets. It was a cool on too, metallic purple with a yellow bubble visor. Those were the days. I'll be 49 in September. I feel every bit of 44. :crazy:

Latest posts

Back