Lets see some vintage hotrod beer coolers

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Along with hotrods & vintage bikes I'm also a geek for old coolers. I'm not talking your everyday over priced grandma's antique store red Coke cooler, but I'm looking for picts of your old Hotrod Beer coolers. Here are a few of mine.

My dad gave me my first one, he got it for $15 at an auction. It is a red with silver top Icy Hot. I love these coolers, they can hold a case of beer and small bag of ice. I added the flying eyeball, then had Bobby (aka Von Mex) ad the pinstriping way back when he was just a youngster.
DSC00280.jpg

The next one I found at the Lawrence Model T swapmeet for $6. It was pretty rough, I had to do a little body work, and painted it to match my '69 Singlecab. Pinstripe by Whiskey.
DSC00279.jpg

Found this one in the parking lot of the H.A.M.B. Drags. It's badged a Vagabond and I paid the most of all I have for it but it also came with the sandwich box. I added the stickers/decals to finish the look. It's my fav I use it the most.
DSC00281.jpg

The next two are not really hotrod, but do tie into the vintage bicycle thing since they are JC Higgins branded. The first is the same Icy Hot style but a little larger with handles on the side.
DSC00285.jpg

and finally when I need to carry more than a case, I have this big Higgins.
DSC00287.jpg

I also had another one badged "Little Brown Jug" but my friend Jon has it now. (come on Jon post a pict)

and I just picked up this Belknap Hardware badged one at the River Market. Its pretty rough on the outside, but the inside where it matters is good.
DSC00278.jpg

Come on guys, let's see some more hot rod beer coolers!

Callin me out huh! Ok. I bought this from marty, he striped it and as far as that its been untouched even down to the bottle opener and "ice" pick
its called a "little Brown Jug"
vintageiceKoolers002.jpg

vintageiceKoolers003.jpg

vintageiceKoolers004.jpg

the hooks on the side appears to be to clip into what i think is a tool box?
vintageiceKoolers005.jpg

vintageiceKoolers006.jpg

Here's one I used to own.

100_5380-1.jpg

100_5373-2.jpg

It was still in the trunk of the car when it left...

100_5379-1.jpg

Skratch striped it for me.

100_5197-1.jpg

This one I still have! LoL!

100_6379.jpg

It's been striped as well since I took this photo. I've also got a "little brown chest" that still has the ice pick and bottle/can opener under the lid.

These are all awesome!

I have a military mermite can that I bought to use as a cooler, just found a connection with a guy in town who is a pinstriper, I haven't seen any of his work so maybe I can get him to lay some stripe on my can... wait, that didn't sound right. :oops:

Back