Lets See Those 26" BMX Styled Cruiser Builds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can I ask a stupid question? How can I put a bmx stem on the mountain bike frame? I've built up another mountain bike and cruiser but never have crossed parts. I'm more interested in using a quill stem...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can I ask a stupid question? How can I put a bmx stem on the mountain bike frame? I've built up another mountain bike and cruiser but never have crossed parts. I'm more interested in using a quill stem...

I am sure there is a way, but why?
If I understand correctly, you would like to use a bmx quil stem in an inch and an eighth fork?
Just buy a $20 bmx threadless stem......

I have a bmx stem, grips, pedals and bars coming for this old Raleigh MTB. The saddle was just an old Bell that I practiced recovering, the red is way off compared to the bike.

yneryta9.jpg

If you're talking about running a 1" quill stem in a 1.125" threadless mtb, you'll need the stem itself, a 1" threaded headset, some Problem Solvers 1.125-to-1" shimset ( http://problemsolversbike.com/products/headtube_reducers ), and a 1" threaded fork with a steerer tube of appropriate length for your frame's headtube.

A lot of hassle/expense involved in that one.... up to you whether it's worth it or not.

What bike would you suggest for someone new to bmx bikes? I don't know that much about them. Thanks, Dave.

Well heres another Kool pick up I got not to long ago on an offer I could not refuse.. I'm pretty sure some of you have already seen this one on another post.. So here it is in my back yard now.. An early Emory hand built with all origenal equipted with Wald 3 bolt stem, bars and sprocket, origenal wheels with Sturmey Archer 3speed with coaster brake and ACS wide flange front hub and rolling on looks to be new Snakebelly tires.. This thing rides so nice...
I've made some small changes but will post pictures of them later..

Hott bike... I like it more over here than on that other site. :21: I hope you changed the saddle, right? It amazes me how much the hand-built frame looks like my robo-built....except your welds look neater. I'm off to the museum to see what other 26"ers you've got that i can guilt-trip you into posting over here....

Latest posts

Back