Lets See Those CCM's

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
white_cross said:
Here is my latest purchase a really old CCM I got it for $75 I am talking with a CCM collector right now to get more information on the bike. But I think it is a 1923 CCM ladies bike. I still have to detail this bike.

i dont know much about these , but i can tell you the seat tube is bent down there .. i think i use to be parallel to the steering tube :wink:
i think some evil-knievels jumped this thing in the past.. hehe 8)

Beware the purple tandems!!! the bottom bracket falls off. it actualy falls off lol

Anyone know what model this CCM is? Theres no chainguard so i have no idea. I also need one of those

I picked up this Centennial year (1967) CCM Duomatic a couple of weeks back. the original 28" wheels are off for maintenance. The original 2 speed kick back worked great, but needs some spokes and cleanup. Meantime I have used a set of heavy duty wheels from a '73 CCM tandem that I had earlier this year.
Well the above bike was sold and sent to a young lady on the east coast of Canada after her dad's identical hand me down had been stolen.
As fate would have it this next frame came my way in a trade and I built it with the parts on hand. This frame dates from 1974 I'm told and was still had the 28" fenders.
I love the frame style and I think it came out pretty well...so far.
It's about to change again as the fork is being sold with another frame - pending pick up.
Here's the latest incarnation of the above frame as of March 2015.

Another period of change...
[URL=http://s1080.photobucket.com/user/latefordinner/media/may17%202015%20bikes%20026_zpsjtlhykpf.jpg.html]
[/URL]

Last edited:
Hey Canadian content here's some I've owned and some I still have

1967 Mustang sold
IMG_5653_zps62c19cf6.jpg

1967 Charger sold
IMG_5918_zpsf92c691c.jpg

1968 Charger sold
IMG_5969_zpse67cffa1.jpg

1967 boys and 1969 girls
I restored these two came from there original owners .
Still have them been for sale all summer
98% original parts right down to the nos tires that are in perfect condition

IMG_6436_zps6cb9e9f1.jpg

Unknown year: Looks 70's. Started life as 5 speed collegiate cruiser- turned into cafe' style bike:

'41 Rambler,
This is my 3rd bare metal bike in a row.(the 4th if I count the Wasp I bared then rusted.) I must enjoy stripping paint more than I realise.
I wonder when I will paint a bike again??!!
with my '70s CCM (Duomatic)

Last edited:
Here's a couple of mine.

1971? CCM made Cougar X-100 rebranded as Supercycle for Canadian Tire.

P_20200915_154540.jpg

197? CCM Sunsport in a nice copper/rootbeer colour.

P_20200807_183811.jpg

This is a 1947 28''er project I'm not sure what to do with, fork is bent 2 ways..can see it off kilter in the pic, actually lol
P_20201018_143744.jpg

1970ish CCM Scrambler.
This one has been a WIP for a couple years now....needs a fork, proper sissy bar and seat..(may swipe the cranks and give them to the Cougar, for the time being...)
P_20200723_194454.jpg

Could be a. Capri
Beware the purple tandems!!! the bottom bracket falls off. it actualy falls off lol

Anyone know what model this CCM is? Theres no chainguard so i have no idea. I also need one of those
Could be a Caprice or Galaxie. Those were from that era…

One source to ask would be
Caps Bicycle museum in NewWestminster
BC Canada. They were one of Canadas largest CCM dealers during that period.
Good luck 🤞

Peter

Latest posts

Back