Let's see your Cleveland Welding bicycles!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going to be the next proj. A little bit of everything + CWC

dscf2887n.jpg

By xc204 at 2011-12-04

I've Got 5 for you guys and gals
1954 CWC built unknown(missing headbadge)
DSC00243.jpg

1940 CWC built Wards Hawthorne(my grandmothers first bike)
Hawthorne4.jpg

1938 CWC built Wards Hawthorne
WardsHawthorne.jpg

1946-47 CWC Roadmaster Formerly a mens bike now its a girls bike :roll:
CWC1-Copy.jpg

1948-49 Cwc built Uknown(missing headbadge but has vertical screw holes like a roadmaster only the frame,crank,and chain ring are CWC the rest is Monark)
DSC00317.jpg

Here is my Roadmaster, My build is almost done, I decided to go with VO Belleville's with this bike. I ordered them today, and I will be using them with some coke bottle grips, I borrowed these bars from my 66 Collegiate. I also ordered a layback seat post from the sportsman flyer website. I took these pictures today after coming back from a cruise to the beach just as the sun began to set, 74 degrees in February! Gotta love California.
IMAG0914.jpg

IMAG0912.jpg

At the beach, Pictures re not the greatest but hey..
IMAG0911.jpg

IMAG0911.jpg

1959firearrow said:
I've Got 5 for you guys and gals
1954 CWC built unknown(missing headbadge)
DSC00243.jpg

1940 CWC built Wards Hawthorne(my grandmothers first bike)
Hawthorne4.jpg

1938 CWC built Wards Hawthorne
WardsHawthorne.jpg

1946-47 CWC Roadmaster Formerly a mens bike now its a girls bike :roll:
CWC1-Copy.jpg

1948-49 Cwc built Uknown(missing headbadge but has vertical screw holes like a roadmaster only the frame,crank,and chain ring are CWC the rest is Monark)
DSC00317.jpg

Do you have a picture of the head badge screw holes from that 1938 wards made hawthorne?

Sadly it is missing the headbadge but its the same as the 1940 girls Wards Hawthorne if you want to pm me your email and I will take some pics and send you a link.

Not 100% sure if this is CW, but was told by someone here that it might be. I'll put it up and if anyone can verify, it would be nice. Serial#: H W 3 1 7 8 6 I'll remove it from this thread, if it's not CW.

Found in the Thrift store. will go to get it soon.

2012-02-11%252012.12.36.jpg

2012-02-11%252012.14.43.jpg

1959firearrow said:
Possibly1946-47? I'm not entirely sure but I thought the H was either 46-47 Nice CW built western flyer hope you get it before someone else does.

Ahhh. Thanks. I just wish it is older :oops:

ct_old said:
Not 100% sure if this is CW, but was told by someone here that it might be. I'll put it up and if anyone can verify, it would be nice. Serial#: H W 3 1 7 8 6 I'll remove it from this thread, if it's not CW.

Found in the Thrift store. will go to get it soon.

2012-02-11%252012.12.36.jpg

2012-02-11%252012.14.43.jpg

Cleveland Welding serial numbers had one letter followed by 5 numbers, so I don't think its CW.

ratina said:
Cleveland Welding serial numbers had one letter followed by 5 numbers, so I don't think its CW.

I could be wrong with the #. when it gets home, I'll confirm the # again (w/ the picture, if possible). Thanks for clarifying it.

Here's some old pic's of a couple CWC projects I'm working on.. The blue one is a Hiawatha, 46' I believe. The yellow is a Roadmaster and I am unsure of the year, it's serial # is A37190 AC with the w inside of the C.

IMG_5428.jpg

IMG_9374.jpg

thirstee said:
Here's some old pic's of a couple CWC projects I'm working on.. The blue one is a Hiawatha, 46' I believe. The yellow is a Roadmaster and I am unsure of the year, it's serial # is A37190 AC with the w inside of the C.

A37190 ACw would be 1950. Nice bikes!

ratina said:
birdmannn101 said:
If anyone has a link to look up serial numbers to determine year etc of my Hiawatha bike, I sure would appreciate it... Dan

Housepaintbike.jpg

Post the number and we should be able to decode it. That one is 55 and newer

The serial number is A22235 with a 550 stamped sideways to the serial number
hub1.jpg
Here is the unusual looking dropout I was talking about.
dropout.jpg

The NBHAA said, "What you have there is a CWC/AMF frame made in 1955. There is no evidence from what we see here that it was a Hiawatha. And the little ears on the rear of the frame are nothing at all unusual for that time period. There were on thousands and thousands of bicycles they made."

So now I don't know what kind of bicycle I have....Dan

That 0 is a C with a w inside, denoting Cleveland Welding. Those dropouts are common, so that probably is a Hiawatha, made by CWC in 1955.

Latest posts

Back