Lets see your Columbia's!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are 100% original extremely rare 51 5 star superb with 3 speed!
5star1.jpg

hey i am new to this site i found it on facebook !!! he is my old columbia . I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THIS BIKE !! CAN YOU HELP IDENTIFY THE YEAR AND MODEL?
2012-11-28_15-59-06_120.jpg

2012-11-28_15-58-39_224.jpg

How I found my '47.

IMG00947-20120417-1916.jpg

With a great shot of the chain guard showing the perfect mix of patina and original paint.

IMG00944-20120417-1915.jpg

Now I need to find a bracket for the rear chainguard mount.

Ratty 50's Columbia Tanker I picked up last week. I played around with several wheelsets, and I think I'm going to put a red bricks on a set of rusty white rims.

DSCN2092.jpg

DSCN2086.jpg

After playing with the wheelsets, I thought red rims and white looked OK, but I'm really digging the look of red tires, but not on chrome rims.

003.jpg

007.jpg

009.jpg

How about this mid 80's survivor... a ten speed Columbia Ridge Runner I got at the thrift store today for $10

lugged steel frame, BMX stem and forks, original dried out skinwall snakebelly tires - Made in the USA!

RidgeRunner_zps43061a2c.jpg

old_skool said:
How about this mid 80's survivor... a ten speed Columbia Ridge Runner I got at the thrift store today for $10

lugged steel frame, BMX stem and forks, original dried out skinwall snakebelly tires - Made in the USA!

8) Cool stuff.

I can't believe one of these survived. It's what I had as my first mountain bike. Same color too.
I got it when I was 15, so 1984....

I cracked the frame riding on dirt roads- not jumping, just banging over loose rocks on washed out roads. Right under the seat clamp where the upper chain stays are squashed flat and brazed against the seat tube. Bike wasn't 6 months old, and I barely weighed 120 lbs. They replaced the bike under warranty.

Then I broke it again, riding pretty much the same trails. This time, dad took it to a garage and a guy welded it up.

The 3rd time it broke, the bike got sold at a yard sale for $10.

I think everyone including Columbia learned a lot from that frame design.

--Rob

1968longboy said:
old_skool said:

8) Cool stuff.

Came across a 60's mens Columbia with rear rack and a space age ornament on front fender. The down tube had a very elaborate factory decal with geometric shapes. My guess it originally had a tank light that wrapped around the steer tube. The junk dealer wanted me to also take a J.C. Higgins girls Flightliner, both bikes are original and somewhat complete and in expected condition (surface rust/ dirty/scratches). He was asking a 100 bucks, but I have no idea the worth or desirability of these bike from this era. Sorry no pics. Any of you Columbia fans have opinion of the value?

Latest posts

Back