Let's see your frame building jigs

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Robot.jpg

Anvil Bikeworks was arguably the best, but Don closed shop a few years ago. If you can find a used Anvil for sale on the cheap...
5 years ago I made a frame for the build off and I made a jig and posted the jig in my build. The photos were on a free on line storage site. Then they wanted $ so I deleted the photos, so no jig photos. It’s in pieces in my attic. I used a section of an old model T frame as the bb fit tightly in that, nuts and bolts kept the bb firmly in place. I used long aluminum measuring straight edges and a lot of clamps. For the rear triangle and drops I welded some angle iron on the t rail. The fork fit into a similar thingie also welded to the T rail. That’s all I remember. It was crude but worked. I used 2 car batteries, vice grips to hold house wiring to the batteries and for the ground and electrode holder. Yes, you can build a bicycle frame from cut up junk tubes and weld it with 2 car batteries, 6011 electrodes held with vice grips. The expense is the $100 for a vocational student grade welding helmet. The cheap ones don’t work well enough to see fine detail. I used grilling gloves.

Latest posts

Back