Let's see your Hiawatha bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my Hiawatha bike. Not sure if its late 40s or early 50s. Does have the rear facing dropouts. Ive pulled the 3 springer saddle off to be releathered.
hiawatha2.jpg

hiawatha1.jpg

I am the second owner of this beauty.
Someday I will clean it and take decent pictures.
2hiawatha003.jpg

What year is that one? I just picked up (what the guy I bought it from thinks is) a '52 but it's in really bad shape so I'm trying to find out what it's supposed to look like.

Murray-Eliminator said:
Gambles HiaWatha Drag Duster

Great looking Drag Duster!
I had a beat up Murray Drag Duster about 18 years ago, a single-speed with more ordinary handlebars, but I couldn't sell it for $30 at the time, and so I modified it. Welded metal between the two top bars to create a larger flat surface to paint and welded a pipe into the frame and filled the sides to create a cantilevered tank look, and then had someone paint it. The rear fender, and I think the rear tire, are still original Drag Duster parts, but everything else is changed. Still have it!

bike_lowrider1_2010_550h.jpg

Here's the early 1960s Astro Flight I'm building for a friend. Its broken down and 2/3 striped of paint. I have her up on the builds page.
003_zps645ff1ac.jpg

ndaway said:
Fellow coaster members. One of the most beautiful Hiawathas i have seen
006-1.jpg
005.jpg

Jeremy: Whose is that? It's awesome! Do you know what year? Also, what size tires are on yours? 8)

Latest posts

Back