Lets See Your Tools ....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I don't have a super hi tech tool bench, its actually lo tech....very lo, my main tools are my 1.Air Compressor 2. Stanley cheepo box 3. Old beat up portable Park bike stand 4.beat up sawhorses 5. HEAVY American made Vise (portable ?)6. beat up primered machinests tool box with my bike wrenches ect 7. Bench grinder (also becomes portable on my sawhorse)anyways probably not the best set up ,but it works
003_zps5176c751.jpg

004_zps941295aa.jpg

My bike stand (hospital table with top removed)
P4190019.jpg

My most advanced tool is probably my truing stand.
stand001.jpg

My old truing stand
P7220019.jpg

And my state of the art work space. Pop up canopy, small stool that doubles as a toolbox, sheet of cardboard for kneeling on, and a beer. :mrgreen:
ray5.jpg

Gold Street Customs said:
... 5. HEAVY American made Vise (portable ?)...

003_zps5176c751.jpg

Be careful, don't let that fall on your toes! :shock:

Pictures of my stuff now would be worthless, it's all just a pile in the shop on top of a pile below a pile.

I have wanted a large vise for quite some time, but I'm not willing to buy a "new" Chinese one and the old ones are hard to find or out of my price range.

I have a welder and an air compressor that are used regularly. I need a torch set, now I just use one of those propane plumbing torches.

I keep my metric tools on my tool cart (rolling book warehouse cart, 3 deep shelves per side, open tray top, and 6 wheels, taller in middle for pivot, super heavy duty), my SAE tools sit in an old Craftsman tool box that gets avoided like the plague. My Park tools are all in the Park Tool box that came with the AK-37 kit.

I like tools!They make me $!
Is this just bicycle tools or just tools in general? But my favorite tool of all didn't cost a dime!
homer_simpson_xray.jpg

* Edit: I didn't mean Homer. D'OH! I meant my brain!

Latest posts

Back