Life of a Biltema cruiser - my first build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello to everyone.
I started looking around on the internet few years ago and came up to some of the cool builds on this page. Motivated to do something for myself also, I took my old Biltema as a base and started adding details i liked from assortment of bikes. Having little previous experience or any special tools (mostly cordless drill, dremel and angle grinder what the bike was built with) i took a go for it. With no considerable money and a location nightmare to get parts to I managed to put together something like this:

Day 1 when i first had the bicycle

Midway building with the 2 stroke 80cc enginge having more income to build the bike with I decided to opt for a 4 stroke.

Here is what the bike looks now. Engine is lifan 168f-2 6,5hp honda clone. The bike got fat :D

As a first build I have learned alot throughout the processes and as I progressively get better tools, learn new skills I can take on new challenges.
I made pictures throughout the build and if there is any interest maybe you'll see how I got things together..
Cheers from Estonia. The building doesn't stop.

Last edited:
Will do more vanity shots when the bike has been mostly completed.. I decided to redesign the seat and engine needs to be put together with all the new internals which should be arriving any day. Hope to get a video of the bike running then.
Meanwhile here's another side view:

Here is a closer look at the fork:

Had to cut some plates to fit and attach the springs:

(angle grinder and cordless drill.. do what i can)

And the result:

Wow, that is a great idea for front suspension. How is it holding up? Do you get much lateral flex? I have the same fork and it seems the toughest out of all I've seen.. Seems like a good idea.. My rake angle is increased, so with the same fork I have more trail, could use a little less for low speed handling.

Latest posts

Back