Lil' Pixie (updated 3-8-08)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
giggles13 said:
Hmmmm
DSCF1251.jpg

Dang. I relized that my kickstand is part of the frame. I'm going to have to come up with something for that. :shock: :wink:

Gigs you may borrow my welded Chain kickstand idea! I even have extra chain if you need it.

Aaron

DSCF1632.jpg

DSCF1637.jpg

DSCF1638.jpg

:x I hate it when you spend all that time on an item.
I had planned on using it for my luggage rack. But the luggage rack I had isn't metal and there is no way of attaching it any other way. So off they go to the rack of metal to be used another time.

:idea: Oh but I could use this metal. Just have to do a little cutting. :D
DSCF1641.jpg

DSCF1640.jpg

DSCF1639.jpg

DSCF1642.jpg

Well they are turning out better than I had imagined I could get them to look! :)
Can't wait to see this all done and on Lil' Pixie.

Now its time to weld them together.
Boy that is looking pretty good.

DSCF1700.jpg

DSCF1701.jpg

DSCF1702.jpg

DSCF1703.jpg

Now clean up that top weld a little. This way I can clamp it down to weld the back and make sure that it doesn't warp on me.

DSCF1707.jpg

DSCF1708.jpg

Wow it is looking really good.

DSCF1709.jpg

DSCF1710.jpg

If you haven't figured it out yet, I am making this for the luggage rack. Time to cut down the rack that it is going to go on. (the rack is a little too long for Lil' Pixie)

DSCF1704.jpg

DSCF1705.jpg

DSCF1706.jpg

I'll have to show you pictures of it all together another day.
I started not feeling to well so home we came.

Boneshaker said:
Ha!! You must eat wafer discs for breakfast!!! How many of those things did you burn thru makin the rack?
:lol:
I used one completely up and started with another one.

Chainsaw was also using it on stuff he was doing, in between my breaks on working on the rack.

cashman said:
WoW!!! Gigs, you do some awsome metal fabrication!!! Great Going!!! Hope your feeling better!! You Go Girl!!!

Thanks, This was my first time trying this. I liked it alot, I can't wait to do more things with metal! :D

cman said:
CCR said:
new name consideration - "the heavy metal pixie"

this thread delivers !!!

I second that. great detailed pics of the build

:lol: Thank you very much. I like the name I picked out, but if I was going to change it that would be a good name for it.

Schwinnspastic said:
cool rack ....you rock not many woman doing this kind of stuff 'round these parts

Thanks, I like to try new things. I grew up with all my uncles and Dad doing carpentry. So I love doing hands on work.

I also like to try new things.
My Grandpa signed me up for gun safety classes as soon as I was old enough. I was the first girl to take the class around here. 8) So I'm not afraid to try new things!
My step-Grandpa tried to teach me how to Carve wood. I say tried because, "he says be careful how you cut them legs out you don't cut yourself." :shock: A second later I was across the room at the sink with my thumb cut open.

sandalscout said:
HAHAHAHAHA, that looks great! Cool idea. indeed
Thank you very much.

ricksterr1221 said:
Gigs ur the.. Women! haha
:mrgreen: Thanks

I got over to the storage today and got a little more done.

I did a little mock up to see how the luggage rack is going to look.
8)
Remember it is just a mock up. The top part will fit all the way against the bars when it is done.

DSCF1711.jpg

DSCF1712.jpg

Looking pretty good.

Well I did decide that it did need something else.
Here I am working on a little Idea for something. This I actually started working on awhile back.

DSCF1618.jpg

DSCF1619.jpg

DSCF1620.jpg

Latest posts

Back