LITTLE TOAD! RRBBO#14 Class 2. I'm out. :(

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now you just doubled my attention to this build! :forum:
No surprise here:wink1: Kinda knew when you mentioned the word 'practical'.

Tadpole with the monster slick will have to wait...
:21: I guess I wasn't the only one not feeling the original plan!

An 'Indian Larry' twist? o_O

indian-larry-wild-child-up-for-grabs-priced-750000-photo-gallery_20.jpg

Glen.
I've seen that bike up close. It's amazing
Not what I had in mind, but very cool! :thumbsup:

No progress to show yet, still working on the design... Stay tuned...

No progress to show yet, still working on the design... Stay tuned...
A lot can change in 4 hours... :nerd:

I started thinking about old Minibikes and how cool they are...

cool-vintage-minibike-mini-bike-3hp-briggs_1_0e301cbdecb37af5d79d1f480de32a4d.jpg
images.jpg

Kept thinking...

What would one look like with no motor and some pedals?

Rupp-Mini-Bike-C-350-Vintage-Minibike.jpg

Some searching turned up this:

13315229_10204985845046284_3750472420302396093_n.jpg

That is cool...

Needs more tire rake...

Like waaaaaaayyy more tire rake!

Mock.jpg

OK, that looks good, needs a different crank though.

Dug up a kids bike, set up the drill press and hole saws, ended up here:

IMG_20190522_215525364.jpg

That should tie in nicely with the rear wheel...

Back inside to think about seating.

Quick search turned up replacement set covers for original minibikes:

rs=w_600,h_600.jpg

Sweet!

It might seem this is a very simple idea with 3 months left in the build-off, but I still have a twist I want to do that will require extra time... ;)

Hopefully start building the frame in the next couple of days.

:21: I guess I wasn't the only one not feeling the original plan!

When you first said tadpole and I saw the tire I thought it would be more of a dragster/dragpole. Wasn't a big fan of the upright scenario.

This mini bike business looks like the perfect way to show off that wheel and it's def got the Luke The Joker vibe to it...:thumbsup:

....and if that doesn't work out I vote for drag unicycle with big wheelie bars..:nerd:..:21:

Thanks everyone! It is crazy for sure!

It is indeed tubeless! The rim is welded from both sides, so much easier to get a full seal, even so, I was glad the gas bottle ring worked out!

Well considering the guy that fits my tires also owns one of my first builds, they usually just ask me to bring it by when it is done so they can see what the build looks like! :21:

This is "Big Joe" from my local tire place with the "50 years" bike from MBBO#01:

View attachment 95607

Nope, kinda rough idea in my head...

Somewhere between this:

View attachment 95610

and this:

View attachment 95613

with a dash of this:

View attachment 95620

and these:

View attachment 95621 View attachment 95622
View attachment 95630

Not sure if I can pull all that off, but that is where my head is at... :21:

you are not going to build one of these trikes anymore???

All I can say is :cool2:

I miss my Arctic Cat with the leopard print seat! :cry:
Oooo, leopard print you say? :39:
Hm...

fe0d31a04e18af9c89b23ba9995f

Romet Motocross from the 70's. 20" wheels
Ah cool, looks like a few have done the mini bike bicycle idea...:thumbsup:
When you first said tadpole and I saw the tire I thought it would be more of a dragster/dragpole. Wasn't a big fan of the upright scenario.

This mini bike business looks like the perfect way to show off that wheel and it's def got the Luke The Joker vibe to it...:thumbsup:

....and if that doesn't work out I vote for drag unicycle with big wheelie bars..:nerd:..:21:
My history with dangerous bikes is not great! I really want to build a Penny Farthing/Boneshaker at some point, even have the hub, fork ends and bearing put aside for it, but I still have scarring from crashing the swingbike a few years back... :blackeye:
you are not going to build one of these trikes anymore???
Not at this time, I may build a practical picnic trike in the future, but not with the big fat wheel on the rear.

Today was interesting...

I had a dentist appointment to pull two wisdom teeth before lunch, it didn't go well, I left 3 hours later barely able to walk, with one tooth untouched and half of the other still in my jaw, stitches in my gums and my shirt covered in blood... Biggest tooth they have seen and the roots are bigger inside the jaw. :confused:
I now have a referral to the main hospital in the state, 2 hours away, for full blown surgery. Not sure when that is happening, a bit of a wait list apparently. In the meantime there is going to be quite a bit of pain.

On top of that we had a knock on the door just past 5pm to find the landlord standing there. They have put more people on at the farm and need the house for accommodation. He was very sorry seeing as we have been here 10+ years and good tenants, but that is just the way it goes... Thankfully there is no short deadline to move, but I would assume they want us out in a month or so.

So, on the net looking for a new place to rent now, while holding an ice pack to my jaw and doped up on codeine and antibiotics...

Hopefully we can find a place that is still a bit out of town so I can continue my crazy bike building without annoying any neighbors, but the build may be on hold a little while things get sorted, probably a good thing I simplified it heaps!
The extra touch, which was a matching trailer that hauls BMX bikes, may not happen though.

There should still be some time here and there I can put into the build while waiting for things to happen, but don't be surprised if there are week+ long gaps going forward.

Wow Luke, when it rains it pours. The tooth extraction attempt sounds awful, but the potential life change move even more drastic.
Stay the course, and here's hoping for better news down the pike!

Hope the surgery is successful, as well as the house hunting.
Take care!

Half extracted wisdom tooth and a forced move? That's a lot. Sorry to hear about the troubles you are facing and hope things get worked out as quickly and painlessly as possible. I've been avoiding the dentist for years because I still have wisdom teeth at 51.

I've almost been there... upper wisdom teeth took my dentist two sessions to "dig" out (each session about 30min long) and I almost passed out on the chair. I'm scared to heck on a dentists chair ever since (happened about 30 years ago)...

Very sorry to read about the forced move. I've been moving to Berlin last summer, no more space and time to work properly on a bike since (it's a bit of a "cold turkey" feeling).

So get well soon an keep on hunting for your next perfect living space!

Why do teeth have so many nerve endings? When I was a kid, they scared me by telling me my wisdom teeth were going to be an impacted nightmare to remove, so I waited until they pushed all the teeth in my lower jaw forward and started to hurt to go in. Turned out, they moved from the old X-Rays and were difficult, but not nearly as bad. They wanted to put me under, but I just got the local. Got to see them using about the same tools on my face as I use on the car. Thought I'd do without the pain meds until around 9 PM, then I was thankful the pharmacy was 24 hours. Didn't end up needing the whole bottle, so I was lucky. Sorry yours went so poorly.

Good luck with the move! Such a stressful thing even when you have it planned. We lucked out last year moving from being next door to trashy neighbors that inherited their house and didn't seem to work (maybe sold drugs) to being surrounded by woods and ponds and can't even see the neighbors from the 1/4 mile driveway (taking out the trash is annoying, but worth it). There's even an alarm in the house when someone crosses the bridge onto the property. Hope you can find something even better than where you are now!

Man that's rough, Luke.

I hope the house hunting goes well. I'm looking for somewhere new too... over here house rental prices have skyrocketed recently and there's quite a shortage, so it's tough... hope it's not the same over there.

Good luck with both the dentistry and the home hunt.

Glen.

:eek:
isent there a law against that , they can just kick you out because it needs the place . i have a friend who just finished a long fight in legal justice to kick a very bad non paying , destoying the apartment and health hazarding the place with animals . he could not legaly kick theme out ,took a year with very good reasons for it

but maybe you'll find better elsewere if there is no other choice , i wish you do:nod:

Mini bike sound cool cant wait to see whats on your mind in reality again:rockout:

Latest posts

Back