Lock-Down bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yoothgeye

I build stuff.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Sorry if this has been covered, this pandemic has put me out of work (teaching) and I’ve been using the time to clean up my shop and dispose of and part out some bikes. I’m just trying to keep my mind and hands occupied. Anyone else?

I build my neighbor a quick bike for her birthday 40th today.

c9a3a4f060129a1ab983533ea511ccdb.jpg

I ended up scrapping this one down.

14d0d7ef5bdde8de3049fb225666fd5c.jpg

And thinking of a revival for this one.

41b91eb960dce2352324f8ab756cde95.jpg

Check out these 26” Sand Jams that were on the “Solar Wind” pink bike I put together for my neighbor.

bc9bd7773cc6a3c50d974797d0631624.jpg

Maybe these and the wide rims from the Panama Jack bike?

b6e01a580165cf3d94348d4318e81201.jpg

Not sure yet.

I hope everyone is doing well. My son suffered a horrible broken ankle a week before the schools shut down and my wife, a physical therapist, was just laid off from work because of this COVID.

Stay safe out here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, those Sand Jams belong on the Earth Cruiser! They made pedals with that pattern in the rubber- bare foot on one side, shoes on the other. The Earth Cruiser deserves a new life too, strandie, klunker, cruise missile, whatever, it's a good one!

That earth cruiser is nice, I had one years ago that I fixed and flipped and it stood out from the rest as a nicely designed bike.
I sell bikes to fund my bike hobby and people have been buying a lot lately because they're out of work and looking for something to do.
these are the ones I've fixed this last week.
6c2PjBn.jpg

wfcWaiu.jpg

I finally put my Hawthorne 5 bar back together. it has a very badly stuck seatpost in a lower position and I have actually out grown it (I first built this bike when I was 14.) so I will be selling it soon.
3FHTsXu.jpg

Also I assembled this elgin out of stuff I had laying around last month for the march build off.
5qDiD0b.jpg

Right now i'm gathering parts for a replica of an indian camelback that I plan on starting on may first.
u5QhWBB.jpg

Last edited:
Every one needs a Earth Cruiser in there collection and are you going to entertain selling the Hawthorne to include shipping ? You should try to keep this one in the Rat Rod family !

The Earth Cruiser is getting a lot of love, here’s the story. I had been seeing this bike riding around town for years, different people, but never saw it sitting still. About a year back I saw a guy walking it up the street just a block from me. I circled the block and asked him about it, he told me to make him an offer, I gave him $10 or $20 for it and then gave him a couple Walmart mountain bikes to offset my collection.

The Sand Jams are going on it, they came off the pink “Solar Wind” I put together for my neighbor. Pretty sure it was a rebranded Earth Cruiser because it’s identical to my daughter’s smaller 24”.

93447503dbdc0ed82c1c4a12a2166fcb.jpg

Which also has Sand Jams.

223080105de806649a59951ac1205c56.jpg

Now I’m interested in your reactions to this Jamie Boss Explorer looptail.

31ccda3dadd1a3f0cc32642044f5aae5.jpg

fc39de1370390c0a6c1b1fa0b38a1524.jpg

ccb6adc7e96e2e3541e3ea1853316b9e.jpg

Seat looks a little uncomfortable. :crazy:
Hey long time no see.

Yeah man, the Boss Explorer is rad too! I really like the fork and bars, ever taken them off? If be curious to see if they're Nitto, some version of the Bosco bar.

Attachments

• riv_hbar_bullmoose_700.jpg
    riv_hbar_bullmoose_700.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 86
Where do you hide your heard of bikes ? Jamis was based in Tallahassee, Florida so there's a lot of them down here , but I never seen a Boss Explorer looptail . I've parted out 4 or 5 girls Boss Cruiser looptails and have a men's in my stash . Don't let the wife know what I have stashed in the barn .

Where do you hide your heard of bikes ? Don't let the wife know what I have stashed in the barn .

All bikes that can be ridden are either in the shop (downstairs and special ones upstairs) or are locked up outside so they can’t ride away. Parts bikes live in the backyard along the neighbor’s fence, under the carport, and in a small fenced in area I made to hide them.

@yoothgeye that's a cool brake setup on the Free Spirit!

Someone gave me the Free Spirit and a silver Sears branded bike, both 70s 10 speeds, the Sears had the disk brake. I used the wheels and disk on the green bike and converted to single speed, added the flat bar from a vintage mountain bike, new saddle from Nashbar, and new Oury grips from PorkchopBMX. It’s an awesome bike, just can’t find a local buyer.

Oh yeah, the brake sucks. Haha

Cool, it’s hard to sell bikes around here.

I have not listed any bikes lately. Have done well on selling bikes in past years, in the $75 to $275 range. I pick nice frames with good paint to rebuild and flip. New or good used tires, grease and adjust, ect. Also may add a front rack, grocery getter.

Did a separate thread on the parts I saved for the stash from this bike.

https://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index...so-provided-cool-parts-for-your-stash.110771/

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back