Lock-Down bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2013, I saw an old bike at a garage sale and bought it. Went looking on the web for information and found this place. Got more than I bargained for. I've been building crazy bikes in every build off since and have only ever given a couple away. I too need to weed the garden. I've got a small boneyard goin' and two or four sweet road bikes I don't need. Two big stretch jobs made out of tandems I'm keeping. A great '41 Elgin I won in a raffle and two "dragster" styled cruisers I'm keeping. El Chiggens can't go anywhere I like it too much. That still leaves a couple Schwinn's and a couple Nishikis I don't need, a handful of 20" wheeled castaways and middle weight mutts I don't need plus the other 4 or 5... A Spaceliner a '36 Hawthorne that got me here in the first place and Rockin'Rollfast. Where do I start?

Guitarl.

Sent from across the universe using Tapatalk

Went looking on the web for information and found this place.

I have a similar story and too many bikes. Every time someone shows up at the house who’s been bitten by the bicycle modder bug I end up giving away a lot.

I already mentioned it’s hard to sell stuff around here, I’m having to drive 60 miles one way to sell a $100 bike today. At least gas is cheap.

Maybe I should take the other bikes and park at a busy exit and put out a for sale sign and act like a desperate traveler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I too need to weed the garden. I've got a small boneyard goin' and two or four sweet road bikes I don't need.
Sent from across the universe using Tapatalk
Oh ya Carl, I hear you. Seems like they accumulate over time. You see them once in a while, Giant piles of tired bikes. Cant save em' all or would you want too cause many were not great even before they were wrecked by neglect, the elements, or just worn out. Sometimes they are just parts, better to blow em apart and scrap all the junk frames and wrecked parts. The great part is when a $10 LBS signature schwinn girls mt. bike from Goodwill, covered in cigarette tar and probably never ridden, yields beautiful wheels that make bringing back this Miyata possible on a budget. :grin:
IMG_1431.JPG

I become too attached to a lot bikes , there like my own children and I'm not ready to part with them yet . But I do have a few that are like a evil step child , that I end up adopting to less fortunate

Didn't even place in a Muscle Bike build off... But ALiEN FiRE is a favorite that I've reconfigured a couple times borrowing tires and rims. It rides like a cruiser and has been up and down Lake Shore Drive a few times.

Carl.

I ended up selling 2 bikes yesterday. Then last night I parted out 6 bikes and put the leftovers in the alley for the scrap guys. Today I grabbed a little 16” AMF antique, wire brushed the scale, rubbed it down with boiled linseed oil to preserve the patina, and made a little chicken wire basket for it. Hoping to sell it as yard art. It’s actually rideable.
ad47b11e51555fb94f7ebf14d8c0a45e.jpg

Yeah, I'd water there're more knockoffs out there than Nittos. I haven't bothered to check the set I've got on my father in law's old department store bike because I don't really have to. But yours are cooler, I've never seen any with that much backsweep before

Yeah, I'd water there're more knockoffs out there than Nittos. I haven't bothered to check the set I've got on my father in law's old department store bike because I don't really have to. But yours are cooler, I've never seen any with that much backsweep before

I have another pair off a mountain bike that are more straight, some brand as these.

Those are nice.

As of tomorrow I will have sold 4 bikes, all road bikes, I need to get a new group together and try again. Someone showed up today with 2 bikes for me to repair/tune, so that’s a little more money.

I hardly ever make money on bikes, so this is something new. I’m saving up to buy another truck, but this time one much older.

Latest posts

Back