"Loco Gringo"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
alright kids...I'm in! I know I'm a little late, but I've lurkin around, checkin out the competition, collecting parts. :mrgreen:

so here it is... 100th annversary Schwinn with Dyno forks and Monark struts.

006-3.jpg

I just got back from Key West last week, and I was in their LBS when I met the owner, a dude named Rob. I had the "Key Rat" down there and he was diggin on it. we got to talkin about "rat bikes" and then he showed me his. he had a repop Monark springer on it and said he bought a bunch in bulk and needed to get rid of'em. so I said "I gotta have one! how much?" he sez "I dont know, give me 20 bucks" WHAT?!?!? 20 BUCKS!!! I swear to god I peed my pants right then and there! I chose not to use the complete fork, one being that the repop fork wouldn't except the bottom bearing race, and two, the Dyno fork puts the wheel out that much further hence lowering the bike. anyways, i like the what they contour with each other. its a nice. :mrgreen:

013-2.jpg

I'm really diggin these knobby whitewalls :p

009-3.jpg

my color combo... "south of the border brown" and "guacamole green"

010-4.jpg

so here's the mock up. I swear the more I look at it, the more I wanna just leave it alone!

032.jpg

035-1.jpg

033-1.jpg

Yeah...I say lose the headlight.

This bike sure does look mean...love this thing as is!

Were did you get knobby white walls?

Rat Rod said:
Yeah...I say lose the headlight.

This bike sure does look mean...love this thing as is!

Were did you get knobby white walls?

I swapped the tires with my neighbor, they came on his Wal-Mart Huffy. I think they look kool for the look that i'm going for. :mrgreen:

I'm thinkin'....

Trade one of those cans of paint back for some satin clear. ABSOLUTELY leave it that way! That is pure wicked.

Does the fork hit the bars when you hit a bump? I have been looking at those forks, and you have answered the "does it fit" question. As I weigh as much as two and a half people, I am thinking I would need more clearance at the bars (raising the stem?)

I love the look you got here..... :mrgreen:

Rat Royale
REC Elsewhere

Latest posts

Back