Login issues

Jul 16, 2019
America's Friendly Hat
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is there something new with the forum setup? Every time I leave this site, or close browser, I get logged out. Even with "Keep me logged in" selected, I have to re-enter my password every time I visit. Getting to be a bit of a pain? Anyone else experience this?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm having this same problem. I always stayed logged in but recently I've had to log in with every visit. Has the site changed in any way? Anyone else having this issue?

It's not really a big deal, just wondering if I'm the only one it's happening to. Any ideas on why it might be happening @Rat Rod ?

Reactions: LukeTheJoker
May 10, 2016
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I was having this issue too. But not just when I visited the site, but every time I clicked something. Log in, have notifications, click them, and it would log me out. Log in, click to the thread I have notifications for, and it’d log me out.
This is on my phone, iPhone using chrome. I had the same issue on my laptop a few months back.
The solution I have found for me is, going to the main site, not straight to the ‘forums’. By doing so, I have to click menu in the top right, then forums, then get a pop up ad, close that ad, then I get to the forum and stay logged in.
I’ve noticed since more advertisements have been added, there’s a lot more glitches. For instance, as I type this, I can’t see the box I’m typing in. As soon as I start typing, the ad at the bottom of the page shoots up. I can continue typing, but can’t see. Honestly it has me contributing much less then I usually would.

I should mention, I don’t mind the ads. I understand this is a free site and they are to be expected. Just seems my issues coincided with the addition of more ads.

Reactions: The Black Monark

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Head Honcho
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
www.ratrodbikes.com
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I think everyone needs to make sure they are going to the HTTPS version of the URL. The "S" means it's a secure connection.

The browsers see the plain HTTP version as a security threat and they may be forcing some kind of a reset every time an HTTP URL is loaded.

i went through a few months ago and made sure that HTTPS works everywhere on the site.

Be sure to clear your browser's cache or History file and update your bookmarks with the HTTPS version.

Let me know if that doesn't help resolve the issue.

Reactions: MattiThundrrr

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Head Honcho
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
www.ratrodbikes.com
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I was having this issue too. But not just when I visited the site, but every time I clicked something. Log in, have notifications, click them, and it would log me out. Log in, click to the thread I have notifications for, and it’d log me out.
This is on my phone, iPhone using chrome. I had the same issue on my laptop a few months back.
The solution I have found for me is, going to the main site, not straight to the ‘forums’. By doing so, I have to click menu in the top right, then forums, then get a pop up ad, close that ad, then I get to the forum and stay logged in.
I’ve noticed since more advertisements have been added, there’s a lot more glitches. For instance, as I type this, I can’t see the box I’m typing in. As soon as I start typing, the ad at the bottom of the page shoots up. I can continue typing, but can’t see. Honestly it has me contributing much less then I usually would.

I should mention, I don’t mind the ads. I understand this is a free site and they are to be expected. Just seems my issues coincided with the addition of more ads.
I just tweaked the ad placements...let me know if it's still doing what you mentioned above.