Long shot but ... further CWC frame I.D.?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool I'm going to be calling it a 47

What years of tank will fit?

And any chance this if factory green in the bb?
pebe5apy.jpg

You'd need a postwar '47-49 "3-gill" tank. I think the geometry changed slightly when the downtube curve was increased.

I have seen a green similar to that but on only one or two prewar examples. It's not like any postwar green I've seen but I can't credit or discredit anything. What about inside the headtube? same?

Haven't popped the fork out yet but as soon as I do I'll let you know.
The led flash on my camera brightened the green up a little but not much.
Found the same green under the seat clamp as well.

Thanks for the tank info. Probably won't get one unless I get very lucky or win the lottery.

You can probably get one for 10$ shipped.. they're very common. I haven't got one or I'd offer it.
Just hopped on ebad and they are $19 & up so as of now I'll be holding out unless somebody wants to donate one to my rat.

Re: Head Badge, You can find the common aluminum ones but look for the non common brass one:)
Yea I saw those brass ones. I like them better but ATM money is a bit tight so I'll be waiting.

I'm on disability & work part time but after my bills are paid I only have a few $ left for my personal use.

The end of my "extra $" this month is going to getting more threads cut in the 41 WF fork so I can put it on this CWC.

you could still badge it as a Western Flyer by obtaining a CWC produced WF badge , you may be able to trade your Huffman WF badge for one , CWC's house brand was "Roadmaster" but they built bikes for Wester Flyer and a slew of "private label " brands for hardware stores,etc. (Wester Flyers were sold by Western Auto stores)

Thanks. Here's the beauty I have now.
huzuqegu.jpg

But its a lot shorter.
I thought about drilling new holes and using it but would be happier with one that will fit the current holes.

the CWC Wester Flyer badge looks the same except the bottom hole is all the way at the bottom tip of the badge

I'll check the length of mine but I think even if the hole was at the bottom it would be too short.

I have seen a green similar to that but on only one or two prewar examples. It's not like any postwar green I've seen but I can't credit or discredit anything. What about inside the headtube? same?

In the headtube is green too and cream as well.

The green is almost a emerald but a bit more vivid. Can't get a good pic without it looking super dark or almost neon compared to the way it really looks.

Okay, emerald sounds more like it; it's reproducing more like lime on my screen. I'd agree that that's the original color. It looks too legit not to be. I'm thinking it's like the green that was used on the Western Flyer Super which was based on this frame.

Its a beautiful color of green; its almost a midway between emerald and lime green.
After seeing in the headtube I'm convinced its the og paint. Too bad its going to be painted blue & white to match the fenders & chain guard its getting.

Latest posts

Back