Long Shot, The back alley bomber.

Discussion in 'BUILD OFF 3 FINISHED BIKES' started by MaddMatt, Aug 31, 2008.

1. MaddMatt

MaddMatt

People everywhere duck and cover at the sound of the air raid siren's scream.

I'm finished!!! Had to work through all day today but I did it! It's done!

I ended up gutting the siren and mounting a electric motor from a model airplane inside. When you pull the hand lever it spins like mad and really sounds like a slightly higher pitched version of an air raid siren. The rechargeable battery is hidden in the tank.

I looked everywhere for rivets, once I found the ones I wanted I tested it on a scrap piece of metal. I'm glad I did. It looked horrible. So I decided not to use them. I'm really glad I waited to test it first. If I hadn't I would have had 100 holes in the tank with nothing to fill em but these hideous rivets.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Flying Zombie and kingfish254 like this.
  2. dumpster_diver

dumpster_diver

Awesome! Does the siren really work off airflow? I got ones that just run off the wheel. GReat job!!

3. sundevil91

sundevil91

Great bike! I love the theme.

4. MaddMatt

MaddMatt

No it won't work off of just airflow. There is a electric airplane motor inside the siren housing. I gutted the siren, took it to the work (machine shop) and cut off the shaft that runs through the back of the siren to the wheel rubby thingy. Then I threaded the back of the finned siren piece and mounted a small electric airplane motor inside. When I pull the handbrake it turns on, when I pull again it turns off. The propeller is just on a pin so it spin when i ride. It's not connected to the motor or the sirens moving parts.

5. dumpster_diver

dumpster_diver

Cool! ! !

6. kingfish254

kingfish254 CHECK OUT MY SALE THREAD FOR COOL STUFF! Pro Member

WOW!! Glad I found this build!