Long Time Coming

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm gonna give this a shot. This will be the first time I've assembled a bike completely from parts. I've got some ideas that I've tossed around since I built my first beach cruiser in the early 80s, hence the name.

The idea is going to be an urban-klunker/cruiser. The focus will be making something that is a killer rider... that I can take anywhere and ride anywhere. Also as light weight as I can make it.

I'm starting with a Worksman large cruiser frame. It's currently powder coated black. If I get brave, I'll paint it red... other than that I'm going to leave it.

Forks will most likely be some chrome Landing Gears,

I want to use an IGH with 7 or 8 speeds. I'd like a drum brake up front. Alloy rims either red or gold. I'm going to try lacing and truing them myself. I'm thinking black Fat Franks for tires.

I've got an old Sugino 3 piece crank that I'd like to use.

I'll post some pics of the frame after I get it out of storage this weekend.

I'm sure I'll be asking a ton of questions and I'm hoping to get some good feedback.

DaBigKahuna said:
The focus will be making something that is a killer rider... that I can take anywhere and ride anywhere.
Awesome plan! That is a bike you will be happy with for a long time.
Just realised that is the direct opposite of my plan though! :lol:

Luke.

LukeTheJoker said:
DaBigKahuna said:
The focus will be making something that is a killer rider... that I can take anywhere and ride anywhere.
Awesome plan! That is a bike you will be happy with for a long time.
Just realised that is the direct opposite of my plan though! :lol:

Luke.

LOL... That's ok! You'll have the chance to win something... me not so much!

I don't even know if I'll have it done by the end.

nice sounding build would love to see pics!

Troy

What's been going on in Kahuna land?

Latest posts

Back