Long-time Lurker, First-time Poster

Discussion in 'INTROS' started by Bike from the Dead, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Bike from the Dead

Bike from the Dead

Thanks rrtbike!

rrtbike likes this.
  2. RustyGold

RustyGold

Nope...you're doing great :thumbsup:

Wildcat and Bike from the Dead like this.
  3. Bike from the Dead

Bike from the Dead

Alright, thanks! I'm still sorting out all my build progress notes so I'll have a fairly organized build thread, but I should be ready to start posting by this weekend at the latest.

Wildcat, rrtbike and RustyGold like this.
  4. Wildcat

Wildcat

Snyder made Rollfast until about 1975, then all the tooling was bought by Emory, who made bikes in Jacksonville Florida for years and still do to a lesser degree now. I had one of those made in the mid 80's.
    I added wide wheels and tires.
    72072_9a8202f6d72c4231e6ca0923fce8997a.jpg
    Since my bike stays in our little condo, I have to clean the tires every time I get back in. I have a center stand on my bike, I can spin the tire while I go over it with a wet rag, then a dry rag. When the red dust is fresh it comes off pretty easily. The stand also works well to work on the bike.
    DSCI0057.JPG

5. MattiThundrrr

MattiThundrrr

Wildcat likes this.
  6. Bike from the Dead

Bike from the Dead

I'm still relatively new to using forums and posting threads. What's wrong with either of your build threads? I found the Wonky Donkey thread (love the name, by the way,) but I don't see anything wrong with it.

7. Bike from the Dead

Bike from the Dead

Nice bit of bicycle trivia! Dang, what size wheels and tires did you put on that one? They look massive!

Cool! I may need to look at getting a center stand for some of my bikes. Sounds super practical!

Wildcat and RustyGold like this.
  8. Wildcat

Wildcat

Thanks,
    The stand wasn't expensive, I use Amazon a lot because of free shipping to Hawaii and not much selection at bike stores here. I also put the same set on a 53 CWC. Hard to get them back far enough to clear the frame.
    CWC 53.jpg

I put 24" wheels and wide tires on the Emory, 24 x 3.0, they barely fit the 26" frame. 3G makes the 57mm wheels, 2 speed or 1 speed coaster. They don't ship to Hawaii though. My favorites are their copper 26" wheels. I put a set on a 47 CWC Roadmaster with 2.125 tires:
    16jemie.jpg

RustyGold likes this.
  9. MattiThundrrr

MattiThundrrr

Sorry just more jokes. My mechanical skills are... primitive to say the least. I'm a bit smashy. The Donkey will be dangerous, that's why I'm not putting pedals on it. There was a bit of parody in the design, but pinkbike beat me to the joke. p4pb18142356.jpg