long weekend ride!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we had a national long weekend this weekend just gone...sat sun and monday!!!
got some buddys togeather on sunday and just spent the day in the sun drinkin and talkin sh#*...
then got all motivated for a ride on monday....
my mate came over at about 11am with his new mini truck and i fixed up his over heating problem and a few other things and them we loaded up the bikes beers and burbon and headed for the wellington water front.
spent a good 4 to 5 hours riding and having a few quiet ones....
i got a really sunburnt face and discovered that my new sunglasses dont work very well!!! lol

unfortunatly i forgot to charge my digital camera aa batterys and only have about 5 pix of the whole day :(

what a great day!!! super epic.

custom bikes are so rare here that we actually got people honking and yelling praise at us from their cars!!!

classic

Brett

All this was done on my father's college bike: a '77ish 10 speed, stripped repainted (minus the forks), cleaned, greased, and made a five speed with tall gearing.

Saturday morning I rode about 15 blocks to the best dinner in town. Got fat, and took my time on the ride back.

Saturday afternoon, I rode about 4 miles away to a record store (you know those black discs with grooves that play music) that specializes in pyscadellic music and picked a copy of the "Ghotsbusters" soundtrack and a bizzare Disney record. Got some groceries across the street. And rode back.

Nothing too exciting, except that it was about 75 degress out, pretty .... windy, and the mountains were under their first blanket of snow. It was just a pretty day, and a nice ride.

Latest posts

Back