Look what I got for Christmas...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome...would love to have a GoPro. :mrgreen:

Is this the $199 model or the new $299 model?

The video quality looks great...love the folks honking...ha ha. :lol:

Tater said:
How's the air up there?

...kinda wish I hadn't seen that nerve block catheter video. :shock:

Haha, that was for my curiosity, after being in my neck for days I wanted to know just how long it was... Ewwww.... :p

outskirtscustoms said:
Awesome! Bet it's great for spotting bikes that are in back yards hidden behind fences.

Yes, very much so, and now that I have the GoPro, I have a much wider field of view so I can review it later.

Rat Rod said:
Awesome...would love to have a <a href="http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=gopro&_sacat=See-All-Categories" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" title="Link added by VigLink" class="vglnk"><span>GoPro</span></a>. :mrgreen:

Is this the $199 model or the new $299 model?

The video quality looks great...love the folks honking...ha ha. :lol:

Been wanting one for a LONG time, this is the GoPro2 though, but when the 3 came out I knew it was cool, but that I would be just as happy with the 2. Our Christmas budget wouldn't support the 3, she really surprised me!

Awesome gift you got, yoothgeye :wink: That looks like a fun bike to ride :mrgreen:

Cool... I especially like how you were riding on the right side of the road... that is the left side... like we do here in New Zealand. Made me feel quite at home, until I saw the stop signs in the wrong place and the cars driving on the wrong side :lol:

Glen said:
Cool... I especially like how you were riding on the right side of the road... that is the left side... like we do here in New Zealand. Made me feel quite at home, until I saw the stop signs in the wrong place and the cars driving on the wrong side :lol:

When I walk I walk facing traffic, when I ride my bike I ride with traffic, but when on the tall bike, I keep myself safe, and the left side of the street is where it's at.

Cool video, and really like your neighborhood. As for your other videos; You might be a redneck if you take your tractor through the Wendy's drive through! :lol: I have to admit when I am at my land( I don't grow anything and it's too small to call a ranch) in Central Texas I have done the same thing.

Hay Burner said:
Cool video, and really like your neighborhood. As for your other videos; You might be a redneck if you take your tractor through the Wendy's drive through! :lol: I have to admit when I am at my land( I don't grow anything and it's too small to call a ranch) in Central Texas I have done the same thing.

That tractor video won me a $200 Wendy's gift card, of course I made the video before the contest. :oops:

rydr1 said:
Nice test of the go pro. Is it set to fisheye effect of wide view?

I've looked in the gopro,but haven't pulled the trigger.

The factory setting is wide angle 170 degrees, the other setting is 127 degrees. I will keep it on wide because that helps give the illusion of stability in a shaky video... also makes my tall bike look taller. :mrgreen:

You won't be disappointed with the H2, H3 Black would be better but more $$$ :D

Mounted on your head you will quickly realize just how much you look side to side while riding.
I have to stop myself from jerking my head around which is pretty natural on a bike.

I'm still learning, but 1080 narrow is my favorite for slow riding. 720 - 60 fps looks better for faster action, but the narrow setting is not available on mine.

Get yourself one of these. Mount the camera all over the bike in lots of different directions.
http://www.amazon.com/PEDCO-P-UCA-Pedco ... mera+mount

much fun ahead! :D

I have the Hero 2, and look forward to filming alot this ski season. Right now I have it mounted on my commuter just to document my commute for awhile.

Here is a pic from the first adventure with it. Tied to a 5foot parafoil kite.

219539_4108477704549_728183243_o.jpg

I got a gopro2,too. But Santa didnt give me a SD card, and the spare for my camera is only a 32mb. And Im outta money til the weekend,so I cant play with it much. I set it up on the 720-30 setting, less vertical. Ill see how it does outside,on a bike

Voyager Al said:
I got a gopro2,too. But Santa didnt give me a SD card, and the spare for my camera is only a 32mb. And Im outta money til the weekend,so I cant play with it much. I set it up on the 720-30 setting, less vertical. Ill see how it does outside,on a bike

Santa didn't get me an SD either, she wasn't sure what was the best option and left it up to me since I'm better at that, but I'm broke too. I looked around and realized a had a 16BG SD in my Kodak Zi8, class 4 only, but that is minimum requirement and will work fine for now. The Zi8 makes pretty video but outputs in only .mov format and isn't really useful for action stuff. The GoPro will probably put my Zi8 to rest.

MplsCoaster said:
Great video!! Seems quieter up there :lol:
Looking forward to more...

Haha, my mom asked why it was so quiet and why I didn't say anything. I guess next time I should sing. "I'm singing, and I'm on a tall bike, and I'M SINGING!!!"

Now I know that I should've put the skeleton door on the back to pick up more of the ambient noise (and honking cars).

singing, and wind noise. :D also, you can edit off those clunks at beginning and end when you start/stop the camera.

jerrykr said:
singing, and wind noise. :D also, you can edit off those clunks at beginning and end when you start/stop the camera.

Yeah, I've edited plenty before, but decided to just throw this one up online raw.

Latest posts

Back