Looking for Vintage Track Wheelset and Need Advice

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for a vintage track wheel set but don't know anything about them. Are they super hard to find? What were some of the best and worst brands? Is it possible to find wheel sets that aren't tubular? What is the price range generally? Thanks for any advice you can offer! :)

Are you trying to build something absolutely period correct, or just something that looks right? I don't know a ton about legit track bikes, but I imagine most are going to be tubular. Do you have any photos of what you're working on?

I ended up ordering
"Campagnolo Gran Sport Track Bike Wheel Set 700c Aluminum Tubular 16T" from ebay! they have mavic rims. ill make sure to post photos of the final bike when im done :) definitely not going for period specific, as the frame is from the 40's. I like the frame because it has horizontal drop outs like a track bike, but is a cruiser so has a bent top tube. It's also got a great headbadge and an oiler on the 3 piece bottom bracket shell that houses a contemporary spindle! the track wheels are so i can keep things light - the steel is definitely not butted haha. Actually, my only bike photos on here are of the same frame when I built it up almost period specific. but it weighted in at 36 pounds so i had to make some changes hahaha.

Latest posts

Back