Looking forward to RRBBO#8

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
chimichanga said:
Man i remember when the build offs were just for fun and no one really tried to find loop holes in the rules. People seem to forget everyday is a build off day and not wait for once a year to build something cool.
uhhh yeah what he said!!!!

Terry66 said:
I am not a big fan of anything goes......in fact, I would like to see a throw back to more "ratty" bikes. Rather than allowing powder-coating...how about no painting/refinishing of frames, wheels, parts, etc? Patina and rust rule! :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol:

Or how about the only paint allowed is to create patina? :eek:

kingfish254 said:
IMHO, changing out seat stays from straight to curved would be a DQ with the current rules. Sorry bud, you would automatically lose my vote even if the rules were not enforced.

Rule 3: Must use factory frame....no altering of original frame structure/geometry
(grinding off fender tabs and cutting seat tube height is okay, just no major frame design changes).

IMHO, your BO7 entry clearly would be disqualified if rule number three was enforced. Lengthening the chain stays four inches(bolted on or not) and adding a second pair of seat stays by any measure is altering frame geometry.

I included your awesome creation in the group I voted for because the rules as they stand, are arbitrary, somewhat illogical and stifel great design. As long as the voting is done by the RRB community, people are going to vote for what they like regardless of the rules. In effect turning it into an anything goes BO.

Yo peatbog, no need for wadded panties about the "bud" as it was short for buddy, so relax and enjoy some egg nog and roasted chestnuts.

My opinion doesn't mean much of anything during build offs, but I actually did point out potential rules infractions multiple times throughout BO7. I did not bother Steve or Moderators, I just pointed it out in the build threads personally. I wasn't trying to be the rules police or a tattle tale. I was just expressing my opinion of the rules in each case. I just filed those builds away in my mind and knew that I wouldn't vote for them.

Tater, I personnally don't feel that Flex-Liner 7 broke rule 3, but I can see where the rule could be interpreted in such a way that my build would be DQed in some peoples eyes. If the RRB BO Rules Governance Board decides that I was doping, they can place an asterisk next to my Fifth place, but no way am I going to give up my set of RRBBO7 Trading Cards!!! :p
Thanks VERY much for the vote by the way!!!!!

Green P1 said:
How people can get so bent out of shape over the rules to a just for fun internet forum bike building contest is bewildering to me.

+1 :shock:

Had my eyes on a 50 to 60 dollar frame on eBay. It sold for 305$ so now I need to rethink my plan.

Ok so here's a question, say it is an anything goes build off, do you think a clean classic traditional build would win or the crazy custom?

Personally I like the inginuity that has come from trying to bend the rules without breaking them.

I'm gonna go in the natural patina direction. I have the perfect candidate for it! Whatever the rules are, I will conform! :lol: Unless, rust is not allowed. If that happens, I'm out! :mrgreen:

This might be fun for RRBBO8....my new 1928 Elgin Motorbike....

elgin_1.jpg

Omg I just had a brain fart. Og paint be it paint or rust was applied by someone else......my head just exploded

I just finished reading this thread, I laughed and snorted so much my wife began to wonder what was so funny. I am absolutely NOT READY for another build off yet but will have a blast watching the rest of you.

thebigorangecat said:
Terry66 said:
This might be fun for RRBBO8....my new 1928 Elgin Motorbike....

Motorbike would be my first choice, I can only image how you would run with this one!
I have no patience so I already started on this one! :lol: so now I have yet another bike "in process" :roll:

I told myself I wasn't going to do a build this year, and now you guys have me thinking about it all over again.

Personally I'd like to do some frame modifictions. I've had this idea to cut the rear triangle off a bike and graft a modern swingarm shock set-up.

One thing I am pretty sure of is that I won't do another 20". I can't help but think I lost some votes due to the size bike I chose last time. But it sure was fun!

Latest posts

Back