Low-Buck Lady Layback

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
welcome back from hibernation

Whooee it's gonna be CLOSE! LoL!! I wish I HAD been hibernating, I was bustin my ..., just not in what I'd have chosen... I.E. this build!!

0d22d847bd1cc005309eb03b5630089f.jpg

HURRY UP AND RUST!!!

2531f26f6da0890ef1ce8484268bc988.jpg

Removed and painted the rack, linseed'd the crank arms, and I'm taping the rear wheel nipples, so I can paint the rear rim and spokes to match the front. On the fence with grips b/c obviously matching that teal/mint color will b impossible! (Note to self on color selections!) I'm also still debating what to do with the chrome chainring... Not sure I'm gonna have time to do anything with that! And finally, I'm eagerly awaiting the finishing touch from Slowriderz later this week [emoji41]!!

Here's my setup to tape the nipples. I take a strip of painters tape and attach it to my square so that I can still see the markings just above it.
dd518aaa218205d5b6ce165102c45e90.jpg

Then I use a smaller square along the top to guide my cuts and keep them straight. The razor knife starts nicely in appropriately spaced marks on the larger square, and all the strips come out exactly the same width.
fa334fd8706cd7f539217f63e29cdf3f.jpg

I'll post a pic of the taped wheel one its wrapped, but this method takes about 10 min to cut 36+ strips.

Latest posts

Back