LuftWulf "Death Race Tribute Bike"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GTX

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSC03519.JPG
DSC03520.JPG
DSC03525.JPG

A quick build to take to a VW Weekend show in Birmingham.I like watching the Death Race vids on YouTube,and wanted to build a Tribute bike that could do it,if you wanted to.
70's Murray USA Monteray frame,Nexus 3-speed rear,BMX Freewheel front with disc adapter,Repop Monark Springer,Flipped Bars,Shaved seatpost...making metal saddle with leather cover,LuftWulf rear Arrowhead extensions.This allows lowering and wheelbase stretch...it will be motorized if the new owner chooses.I have the Skyhawk GT5,and HF 4 stroke,but I'm looking for something out of the ordinary!

Looks great!
I'm a big VW fan, so the name got my attention!

I didn't know a Thick Brick would fit in the repop Monark springers, because my 24 x 3 Kenda Kraze didn't fit an original one. Good to know.

Again, looks great!

Cheers,
Dr. T

55_on_pan_012.jpg

http://www.luftwulf.com/Chassis.html Thanks! Here's the latest VeeDub I'm working on...It's a '55 Euro,and it's at the painter's now for a complete strip job and show paint in/out.
The drivetrain/chassis are done,with a 200 HP EFI all new engine that is laptop tunable.Hoping to take it to the next big Daytona VW show.
As for the 24x3 Thick Brick Felt fitting in front with the Monark,a skinny rim and a true wheel help.I like the way the tires roll the sidewalls on these rims.They look more like they are made to hook in the turns than with the wider ones I had.

Gotta love an oval window! Yummy!

My Type 1s were a '67 (1641cc), a '69 (1835 w/dual Webers) and a '71 Super with an auto-stick (actually it was my wife's :roll: ).
I've come over to the dark side now with an '02 GTI, it's stock with the exception of 2" catback exhaust.

Someday i may pick up a Type 2 crew cab........someday!

Cheers,
Dr. T

Latest posts

Back