Mad Max Machine Finished

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So i thought to my self and said i mite as well put my other project on this build off, it's completely from scratch build so I would love as much feed back as I can get, I just got in my mail a 1971 Schwinn Fast Back frame, and I had some cool wheels from a old Mongoose I think there from 1999-2000 correct me if I am wrong, so tell me what you think I will more pics soon. :D

so i finally ordered my fork sorry guys for the wait :oops: when i get it there will be pics asap

And here is the wheel set ;)

and Here are the tires that im going to use, sorry for the bad pic guys

and my hubs need new bearings so I ordered some, here is a pic of the bearings

Ok test fit time woot all I need now are my new bearings and I can put this thing back together

So my plans for the cups and other stuff is to stone wash them or paint them black tell me what you think I should do

So I finely can put my wheel set back together :)

I think I put the washer in the wrong place :rolleyes:

I made it both builds are done wooooo, this build was difficult see I ordered a 26 inch springer but I wanted it to fit in a 20 inch frame so custom parts were needed so it took a little longer then I wanted :D, plus the hubs need new bearings so lots of set backs .

This was my grandfathers idea, so that the 26 inch steer tube would fit the 20 inch frame :happy:

Hope this is Mad Maxish ;) what was going throught my head when I was building this bike was if you did not want to walk every were, you would build this out of stuff you have to fined :113:

Last edited:
Great starting point! I think if you are leaving things like the sprocket, cranks and guard chrome the chrome springer is best, but if you black them all out and get the black springer it would look amazing with those wheels! :mrgreen:

Luke.

I like the black too. The unless you're spending the cash to rechrome everything else to get that new chrome to match. You could weather the new chrome to match the old, but personally, I've seen that done on guitar hardware, and it always looks fake. It's hard to get the patina right without age. Black is Mad Max.

C'mon c'mon c'mon... Scribble Scribble Scribble...
I want to see them rims rollin'!

Carl.

Latest posts

Back