Magna BMX (Done 9-14-12)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked this up for $5. Just a frame and fork. Added parts from scrap bikes. Rebuilding it now.
001-vi.jpg

Tore down and stripped paint
080-vi.jpg

Color on frame and fork. Bars and crank will be black
83-vi.jpg

All pics can be seen here: http://public.fotki.com/NWVMM/bobby-bog ... stein-bmx/

Re: Magna BMX

my neighbors got the same one keep it indoors the original equipment rusts fast.

Got wheels and other parts back from powdercoater. Starting to put her back together.

004-vi.jpg

You must have a friend at the powdercoater if you had the wheels coated on a bike you got for $5. :shock:

(they look great)

^thats what i was thinking. If i remember that was a walmart bike but as long as it's working it's good enough i like the frame shape :!:

It was a Magna Invader. I believe around 1986. Yes I have a friend that does my powdercoating for free. Trying to get this bike ready for the Show ans Swap meet in Pittsburgh next Sunday.

wildrice said:
It was a Magna Invader. I believe around 1986. Yes I have a friend that does my powdercoating for free. Trying to get this bike ready for the Show ans Swap meet in Pittsburgh next Sunday.

I'm afraid that Magna is about 20 years newer than that.

wildrice said:
Where did you here that? my 10 yr old neighbor bought one identical brand new for $80 3 years ago.

i'd still rock it it's a unique shape just don't tell people its 1986 because they will probably recognized it :oops:

Update time. Gotta get a new tire from Walmart on Fri then it will be done. Its not perfect but I like the looks of it. Will take it to Pittsburgh on Sunday.

002-vi.jpg

Re: Magna BMX (Update 9-12-12)

Looking good, wish we lived close by, I'd toss you a tire, Walmart is going to get $20 for a 20" tire. :x

Latest posts

Back